Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-20-03 WT Study

by blondie 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

COMMENTS YOU WON’T HEAR AT THE 7-20-03 WT STUDY

Reviewer comments in black (and parentheses)

WT quotes in

red and "quotes"

50 Key WTS Scriptures in blue

STAND STILL AND SEE THE SALVATION OF JEHOVAH!

"Take your position, stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah in your behalf"

-2 Chronicles 20:17. (new snippet from same verse as last week)

2 Chronicles 20 (NLT)

17 But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the LORD's victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out there tomorrow, for the LORD is with you!"

T

ERRORISM has been described by some (notice how the WTS quotes without attributing the quote) as an attack on the world community, even on civilization itself.

even greater consequence is another attack

, to which the world community gives little or no attention. What is it?

It is the attack by "Gog of the land of Magog," about which the Bible speaks in Ezekiel chapter 38.

It strikes out against the heavenly government of God!

An Attack on God’s Government

Conflict between God’s now ruling King and Satan’s wicked system has been ongoing ever since God’s Kingdom was established in the heavens in 1914 (or was it 1874 or 1878?)

What has the WTS taught in the past about when the kingdom was established?

1/1/55 WT

p. 8

"Hence, it was in B.C. 606, that God’s kingdom ended, the diadem was removed, and all the earth given up to the Gentiles. 2520 years from B.C. 606 will end in A.D. 1914, or forty years from 1874; and this forty years upon which we have now entered is to be such ‘a time of trouble as never was since there was a nation.

And during this forty years, the kingdom of God is to be set up (but not in the flesh, ‘the natural first and afterwards the spiritual’), the Jews are to be restored, the Gentile kingdoms broken in pieces ‘like a potter’s vessel,’ and the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord and his Christ, and the judgment age introduced."—Three Worlds or Plan of Redemption, pp. 83, 189.

Proclaimers Book p. 632

Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the

spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King

We may wonder how humans can fight against an invisible, heavenly government. This government, the Bible reveals, is made up of "the hundred and forty-four thousand, who have been bought from the earth." (no explanation given except the scripture below)

Revelation 14:1, 3 (snippet)

Being heavenly, the new government is spoke of as the "new heavens," whereas its earthly subjects are logically (
    without any scriptural proof or explanation except to quote the scripture below ) called a "new earth."

2 Peter 3:13 (snippet)

and without having explained really who the "144,000" are the WTS makes this bold assertion.

Most of the 144,000 corulers with Christ have already completed their earthly course.

A small remnant of the 144,000, however, is still on earth (only JWs of course). Of the more than 15,000,000 who attended the celebration of the Lord's Evening Meal in 2002, only *(INCREASED BY 60 LAST YEAR??!!) 8,760 expressed their hope of having been chosen for this heavenly assignment.

Anyone who dares to attack the remaining prospective members of the Kingdom is in reality striking against God's Kingdom (Remnant = God’s Kingdom).

The King Completes His Conquest

The time has now (now 1874, now 1914, now 1925, now 1975, now 2003?) arrived for Christ, under Jehovah's direction, "to complete his conquest."

How does Jehovah view opposition directed toward his people during the time of final conquest? As directed actually against him and against his reigning King (Remnant = Jehovah; Remnant = Jesus and all this without proving that the anointed are part of the WTS).

Will only the remnant be attacked?

Of course, those who actively (the inactive are toast) support the anointed remnant will likewise feel Gog's fury. (Revelation 7:9 snippet)

Gog's attack
    will cause God's enthroned King to take action and wage the war of Armageddon. (Revelation 16:14,16 citation)

Those who have refused to acknowledge Jehovah's sovereignty
    will suffer destruction (those who are not baptized, dedicated JWs and their minor children which means that more than 6 billion people, including millions of children, most who have never heard of JWs, will die).

Those who have endured tribulation for their loyalty to God's Kingdom (WTS)(which equals the remnant of the 144,000 on earth)…will experience permanent relief.

During the upcoming tribulation, culminating in Armageddon, Christ will war against all evil.

Who Will Lead Gog's Attack?

Gog of Magog is identified (by whom and where, not here) as Satan the Devil in his debased position since 1914 (or is that 1874 or 1878?).

As a spirit creature, he (Satan) cannot carry out his attack directly (who is stopping him?), but he will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be?

What has the WTS said in the past?

The United Nations are only part of Gog’s hordes that comes against WTS but spearheads the attack according to older WTS publications. The WTS may be trying to avoid negative comments about the UN by choosing the Gog prophecy rather than the Revelation one about the scarlet-colored wild beast.

Nations Shall Know I Am Jehovah p. 353
    This "head chieftain," as Gog is called, is the one who is in control of all the nations of this world, inside and outside the membership of the United Nations. Jesus Christ called him "the ruler of this world."

Man’s Salvation Book pp. 266-267

The entire combined visible organization of Satan the Devil will be in the fight. The combining of the earthly forces under Gog of Magog
    against Jehovah’s King of kings is pictured as an attack by a lone, collective "wild beast" with its seven heads and ten horns. This scarlet-colored "wild beast" is pictured as first destroying Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. Concerning the antireligious political rulers that are pictured by the ten horns of the collective "wild beast," it was said to the apostle John: "These have one thought, and so they give their power and authority to the wild beast [to the United Nations, WTS insert]. These will battle with the Lamb, but, because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those called and chosen and faithful with him will do so."—Revelation 17:13, 14.

The fight of a seven-headed, ten-horned wild beast against a lamb seems like an unequally matched warfare. But the symbolic Lamb in this prophecy is Jehovah’s appointed Lord of lords and King of kings, superior therefore to all the lords and kings that are combined in the symbolic "wild beast," the 138-member United Nations
    Being earthly, they cannot see the Lamb with their human eyes so as to fight directly against him. But they can see on earth in the flesh the anointed remnant of "those called and chosen and faithful with him." Because these represent the King of kings and Lord of lords, the member nations of the United Nations battle with him by warring expressly with the anointed remnant of his Kingdom joint heirs. Associated with this faithful remnant are the unnumbered members of the "great crowd," who firmly take their stand on the side of Jehovah’s universal sovereignty and who follow the Fine Shepherd, Jesus Christ the royal Son of Jehovah. So those disciples belonging to the "great crowd" also share with the anointed remnant the onslaught of the antireligious United Nations.

The Bible does not give us details (but it did when the quotes above were made by the WTS), yet it does give us certain indications that can help us to identify who they will be.

As world events unfold in fulfillment of Bible prophecies, we will gradually get an ever clearer picture (yes, according to the WTS prophecies are only understood as they unfold).

Jehovah's people avoid speculation (the WTS convenient forgets how it speculated about 1925 and the resurrection of Moses, Abraham, Noah, and other "ancient worthies" and how the end would most appropriately come in 1975) but remain spiritually alert, fully aware of political and religious developments that fit into the framework of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

What about the political and religious developments that don’t fit into the framework? That’s right, the WTS will just rewrite history.

Clearly, God's anointed servants, along with their loyal companions of the great crowd, will be the target of the king of the north (and would would that be now that the USSR went down the tube?) (where is the scriptural explanation of this?)

Hebrews 12:22; Revelation 14:1. (citations)

Take their position:
    Without wavering, God's people will continue to hold to their position of active support for God's Kingdom.

Yes, inactive JWs are toast.

their loyal service to Jehovah (translation: The WTS)…this divinely (WTS) approved position

Stand still: Jehovah's servants will not try to save themselves but will place their implicit trust in Jehovah (WTS).

You might think I’m a little cynical by substituting WTS for Jehovah. But read this:

Trusting in Jehovah will include trusting the modern visible channel that he has definitely been using for decades to serve his purposes.

Which includes guess who?

True Christians will then need to place their confidence in fellow worshipers authorized by Jehovah and his reigning King to take the lead. These faithful men will direct God's people. Ignoring their direction could end in disaster

See the salvation of Jehovah: Salvation will be the reward for all those who hold to their position of Christian integrity and who trust in Jehovah (the WTS) for deliverance.

And how long will the preaching work be done? What is the JW motivation?

Until the final hour- and to the extent they can (as designated by the WTS and the elders)- they will announce the arrival of the day of Jehovah's judgment.

Now with the (carrot) prospect of everlasting life brighter than ever before, what an opportune time for God's servants to demonstrate their devotion to Jehovah (the WTS) and to renew their determination to serve him (the WTS) as their everlasting King!

Conclusion

So we see that the end is now and upcoming. Is the UN the only tool of Satan according to the WTS in the past? No. The WTS has been very definite when saying the UN or elements of it will destroy all other religions. After that, the WTS says that the UN will join with the rest of Satan’s supporters to destroy WTS.

Great Tribulation Stages (per WTS)

Cry of peace and security

Destruction of Babylon the Great by the UN or elements of it

Gog sees that the WTS has not been destroyed

Gog moves his supporters against the WTS

Jesus moves against Gog and his crowd

Armageddon

Satan and demons abyssed

But what was more chilling was this:

Trusting in Jehovah will include trusting the modern visible channel that he has definitely been using for decades to serve his purposes.

True
    Christians will then need to place their confidence in fellow worshipers authorized by Jehovah (the WTS) and his reigning King (the WTS) to take the lead. These faithful men will direct God's people. Ignoring their direction could end in disaster.

Blondie

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks Blondie. A clear case of misdirection! It amazes me how the WTS keep crying out, "Be on guard! The enemy is out there...somewhere...waiting for you to put your guard down". This keeps the flock looking out side the hallowed walls and not at the crap at their very feet! They talk loud and with emotion but it all lacks substance! Maverick

• Will Power
    Will Power

Thanks Blondie

very explicit language here, is this a reflection of a new president?

As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly (who is stopping him?), but he will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be?

Jesus is also a spirit creature by WT definition so who will he use as human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be?

Is that when the scorpions (JW's) are released by the abaddon out of the abyss to sting everyone? or does that come later?

Will

• yxl1
    yxl1

Great work Blondie.

I read this article a few weeks ago and I laughed like a madman. I especially liked the way they blatantly state facts that have no biblical source whatsoever. They NEVER cease to amaze me in their arrogance and stupidity.

• blondie
    blondie

Maverick,
    This keeps the flock looking out side the hallowed walls and not at the crap at their very feet!

The WTS is seeing the effects of the internet on their numbers. They get reports weekly from the COs and DOs regarding changes (decreases) in the congregations. Even ex-JWs only see it from the viewpoint of a few congregations. They have to scare JWs about "worldly" people, internet, music, TV, movies, sports, etc, etc. It is as magicians do, they misdirect the attention of the audience so they don’t see the trick being performed.

Will Power

As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly (who is stopping him?), but he will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be?

I don’t know if my review wasn’t clear or if you paraphrased the sentence to make a point but "Satan" is the HE mentioned above.

Jesus is also a spirit creature by WT definition so who will he use

as human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be?

Actually, in this article and the previous, the theme scripture highlights that the WTS feels that JWs will not be physically fighting on earth. The WTS has not changed their viewpoint on that. They do say that the 144,000 already resurrected to heaven as spirits will fight alongside Jesus and the angels.

2 Chronicles 20 (NLT)

17 But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the LORD's victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out there tomorrow, for the LORD is with you!"

yxl1

especially liked the way they blatantly state facts that have no biblical source whatsoever.

I looked back at some of the older magazines to check my memory and found that at first they used to develop this, next they started using a footnote to a WT publication that went into a more detailed explanation, now not even that is done. I don’t know if they assume the JWs in the audience already know or don’t need to know, just accept it as the facts because it comes from the WTS. It wouldn’t be healthy nowadays for a JW to question anything.

Blondie

• Will Power
    Will Power

Blondie:

"Satan" is the HE mentioned above.

Yes, I thought so but if Jesus is also a spirit creature, wouldn't the same laws of logic & physics (the way WT describes black & white) that apply to Satan the spirit creature, also apply to Jesus the spirit creature as well as the rest of the 144,000 spirit creatures?

The WTS has not changed their viewpoint on that. They do say that the 144,000 already resurrected to heaven as spirits will fight alongside Jesus and the angels.

...and since Jesus (as taught by the WT) is really an angel, whose real name is Michael (albeit a mighty unique god-like angel) and is present only "invisibly", my question/observation was....

what "human" agencies would Jesus use to fight against Satan's human agencies?

p.s. the point I was trying to parallel about the president was that whenever they have a change of guard at the WT their articles seem to take on a new direction, and in this case use of strong "prophetic" language - the kind that will be photocopied for future debates!

will - (challenged in the expressed idea dept. class)

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe, I don't get it, Will Power, but nowhere in the article does the WTS say or suggest that the JWs will physically fight against Satan's human agencies. They use the scripture in 2 Chronicles 20:17 to show that they will just stand there and Jesus, the angels, and the resurrected anointed will destroy Satan's human agencies directly while they watch. The WTS refers to the example of the angel killing the Assyrian soldiers in Hezekiah's time. The account in 2 Chronicles shows that the Israelities did not take weapons and went out with wives and children in tow emphasizing that God did not expect them to fight physically, just watch.

Now, are you suggesting that because Satan must use human agencies (per the WTS) that Jesus must do the same? I think the WTS would reason that Satan is being prevented by God from using his superior powers as an angel directly against humans and that God would not put that restriction on Jesus or the angels. I see this in the fact that wicked angels were prevented from materializing in human form. The other angels were allowed to materialize with God's permission, e.g., the 3 who appeared to Abraham, the 2 who appeared to Lot and his family, and even Jesus appearing in human form after his resurrection.

I had been going to the meetings for almost 50 years as of 2003. Never have I heard it suggested or stated that JWs will take up arms against the human elements against them. They truly believe that the hand of God will reach down and protect them supernaturally. Even under the most horrendous times, Nazi Germany, Rwanda, Malawi, JWs have not (as a group) organized to fight back physically. So I doubt that the WTS would start trying to reverse the years of conditioning of JWs to accept persecution passively.

Now do I think with a little weeding out of the JWs and some intense conditioning by the WTS, those remaining could become physically aggressive, sure. Do I see that trend currently, no.

Blondie

• Will Power
    Will Power

50 years! WOW

I am not or ever have been a JW - have only watched from the sidelines for years so my understandings are incomplete. But...

Now, are you suggesting that because Satan must use human agencies (per the WTS) that Jesus must do the same?

I thought this was a valid question since the use this same argument for so much of their dog ma. eg jehovah has always used an organization so he must be now.

Also, I thought that the JWs were the locusts in Rev. (sorry, I said scorpions before but that is how they are supposed to sting us right?)

Will

• blondie
    blondie

Will Power, actually, technically the locusts are only those JWs who profess to have a heavenly calling according to the WTS. Only in a secondary way do the rest of the JWs count in the WTS explanation. They do not fight a battle of fists or weapons but a battle of words through the WTS publications and the preaching work. Starting with the first century Christians, the WTS describes:

Revelation Climax Book p 22 The First Woe-Locusts

But to the ones who refused the invitation, the first-century Christians became like a devastating swarm of locusts. Starting in Jerusalem, they spread through all Judea and Samaria. Soon they were everywhere, tormenting the unbelieving Jews by publicly proclaiming Jesus’ resurrection, with all that this implied.

The modern-day locusts had a job to do. The Kingdom good news had to be preached. Errors had to be exposed. Lost sheep had to be found. As the locusts went about these tasks, the world was forced to sit up and take notice. In obedience to the angels’ trumpet blasts, the John class has continued to expose Christendom as deserving of Jehovah’s adverse judgments.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

Great review, blondie. I told my wife that I want to be there for this study; it is a real piece of work. That is saying something; this year has seen the WORST material ever (45 years of meetings for me) studied at the WT lesson.

I want to hear firsthand how our conductor, er sorry, WT servant handles this. This is MAJOR new light, as they say. For years, the UN was akin to a 50 story false idol in the minds of the rank and file, as the WT villified it as the abomination that was standing where it ought not. It was called "the political expression of the kingdom of God on earth" by a pope or someone, and of course the WT jumped on that. It was the spearhead of the nations who would attack first religion and then God's people.

Now, "the bible does not give details".

That paragraph is the epitome of WT doublespeak. Here it is in it's entirety:

Gog of Magog is identified as Satan the Devil in his debased position since 1914. As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but he will use human agencies to do his deeds. Who will these human agencies be? The Bible does not give us details, yet it does give us certain indications that can help us to identify who they will be. As world events unfold in fulfillment of Bible prophecies, we will gradually get an ever clearer picture. Jehovah's people avoid speculation but remain spiritually alert, fully aware of political and religious developents that fit into the framework of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy.

Did you notice that sentence? "The bible does not give us details, YET it does give us certain indications that can help us to identify who they WILL be."

SO: we knew for decades that it was the UN; now we don't know, cuz the Bible does not give us details, but it does give us indications that will help us to figure it out in the future.

WOW. That would make George Orwell blush, it is such a great example of doublespeak and newspeak. We are expected to accept that it is now NOT the UN, as we thought; we are not to speculate (translate: talk to each other about this) and we will know what it is in the future.

So, we were wrong, but we will not admit it; we don't know now, but we will; stay posted.

HOW ABOUT SOME ACCOUNTABILITY, YOU BASTARDS????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit