Muhammad is my savior!

by d0rkyd00d 60 Replies latest jw friends

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Just kidding. But i need some sort of lead in to my question. When you are born, you are born into a religion. If, that is, your parents are religious people, and most people are. Most people are also born into some sect of Christianity, whether it be Jehovah's Witness ( not a discussion on whether or not they ARE christians ), or catholics, or mormons. Any way you look at it, most of us are Christians.

Which brings up my question. All christians believe in christ as their savior, and dismiss all other religions as false. Now, were you PREDESTINED to be a Christian? What about the billions of people who are not Christians? Obviously, they believe in their own faith strongly. How can you prove to them that Christianity is the "right" religion? How can you teach them that Jesus was the final prophet and son of God? The only basis we have is the Bible. but they don't use the Bible. What now? One more question. If you had been born into another religion, and felt as strongly about it as you do Christianity, do you think some point in your life you'd discover Christianity and convert? If you were living in a country that was predominantly, say, Hindu? Or would you be destroyed?

"No cool quote yet. but i'll think of one soon."

• JT
    JT

you have summed up the problem with religion and the concept of "My God is bigger than yours"

i work with a hindu, buddist, and moslem

they can each trace back in thier family 200+ yrs of thier faith

so that means that all the values of being a good person means spit in the eyes of a christain since they don't follow THE CHRIST

your point is on the money it all depends on where you are born and that is the bottom line

james

• Mulan
    Mulan

Christ died for all men. Period. There is no right religion. Period.

• JT
    JT

just a followup

my wife uncle was in the hospital and they told us that it would take a miricle for him to pull thru

his family are catholic- so they went to pray to this priest dude

and 2 days later when we stopped by he was sitting up in bed talking

where just 2 days before he had tubes everywhere- and his family consider that god provided a miricle

as we were leaving i told my wife that if the same thing had happend to all three of the men i work
    with who are hindu, moslem and buddist they would have went to their "priest"- prayed- came back
    2 days later and found Uncle doing well and they too would have sweared out that thier "god"
    performed a miricle and there would have been no way to convince them otherwise the same
    as it was with her cousins- all they know is the Dr told us a miricle was needed they Prayed to
    their belief System and BAM he was up and Kicking and talking trash

so AS I TOLD my wife it all depends on where you were born and what Belief System you were brought up in

cause thes guys can go back over 200+yrs in their families following thier faith and it has served
    them will for all those yrs

james

• JT
    JT

Mulan says:

Christ died for all men. Period. There is no right religion. Period.

#########

and this sad to say is the problem- you firmly believe in the man called Christ which is cool with me,
    but sad to say there are billions of other folks who have lived and died under another Belief System who would say exactly the opposite and say " Mohamid died for all men, Period. there is no right religion,. period"

you you are right back where you started- following a Belief System that you were introduced to
    either as a child or an adult- the same as most folks who follow some type of "Higher Being" Belief System

you comment shows clearly that you look down on anyone who doesn't ACCEPT YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM

that is why you STATED "PERIOD"

now i stand to be corrected and if so please let me know- but to me i hear pretty much what i heard in WT

I got the "ONLY WAY OVER HERE AND IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW IT YOU DIE"

in fact this is one of the common threads in almost all Belief Systems

"I got the inside track to god you don't"

or

"If you don't accept my Belief System my god will kill you"

this is a problem that all Belief Systems face-

How do you claim to be the ONLY WAY--at the same time telling other folks that thier way is ok too

rock and a hardplace i guess

James

"I'd rather have questions i can't answer- than Questions i can't ask"

• Camay
    Camay

Our lives are pre-destined. God knows our ever thought. If someone
    prays for us that is all good. But God must have a plan for everyone.

Now I am no bible thumper but there is power in prayer, Maybe the
    guy in the hospital bed said his own prayer and God heard him and
    blessed him because he knows what is in his heart and felt he was
    worthy of another chance at life.

Well theres my 2 cents = )

• JT
    JT

CAMERY SAYS

God knows our ever thought

##########

WHICH God may I ask --for the Moslem doesn't consider Jesus to be God.
    and most "Christian" don't think too highly of Allah either

just asking

and i

ny real player on the Religion sci\end

• JT
    JT

camery says:

Our lives are pre-destined

#########

this is a very interesting statement for it would rule out the need for "Free Will" that many bible

believers often speak of-

it is sorta like the cars at Disney world that the little kids ride on - they have Steering Wheels but
    they dont control where the cars go since they are riding on that little rail track underneath

same with pre-destination- it really don't matter what we do if it has already been determined for us

once again these are the types of problems that most Belief Systems run into when trying to
    explain the unexplainable and that is why i say:

"I'd rather have Questions i can't answer than Questions I can't Ask"

james

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d
    Maybe the guy in the hospital bed said his own prayer and God heard him and blessed him because he knows what is in his heart and felt he wasworthy of another chance at life.

So ur telling me that every other time a guy in that situation died, even though people were praying for him, he had a "bad" heart? I'm thinking no, and monkey. <----sorry bout the monkey part. that's a habit. ;) Anyways, i seriously doubt God would answer a prayer like that, considering many with a good heart die every single year, no matter how much they're prayed for. but that's a different post. let's stick to the question at hand. ;)

"No cool quote yet. but i'll think of one soon."

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yikes. You misunderstood me. I meant that Christ died for all men, including Hindus, Muslims, and all men. That's all. And, that there is no one true religion. Been there, done that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit