Ever been on TV?

by Brummie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I have been on television.

An internationally televised program running in syndication, so you may see it sometime in the future again if you did not see it when it originally ran this past January.

I submitted a videotape to America's Funniest Home Videos last October of me and my friend riding an extreme "reverse-bunjee jump" attraction at Wisconsin Dells. You are strapped into a small cockpit and shot 300 feet (30 stories) straight up into the air in about 2 to 3 seconds flat. A camera is secured in the cockpit of the ride for people to buy tapes of their excursion.

Nothing out of the ordinary right? Well what made our ride special is my friend is 6ft 3 and 280 lbs, and was so terrified when riding this ride (he rode it because I rode it and he did not want to chicken out while on vacation) that he hyperventilated and screamed and cried calling for his mommy. All of it was caught on tape.

The AFV producers loved it so much they put it on the air. It did not win money, but it made the program. The host paraphrased it best when the clip was ran. He said:

We call this... the feminizer.

It was priceless.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

((((((((((((((((((((BigTex and Nina))))))))))))))))))) You two just gave me a warm feeling all over. What a wonderful couple you two are. I can only hope I will oneday find a man as supportive. to you both.

• Freedomrules
    Freedomrules

Yup, just last week when President Bush was in town. I got to be on Sky news. Other than that, I'm on the TV often. Love my job!

• obiwan
    obiwan

Sure have, I'm sure some of you remember Mr.ED. LOL!!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Microphone checka, swingin sword lecture
    closin down the sectar supreme neck protector
    Bet I won em kid Mr. Metha warmin pot
    about to blow his lid from the pressure, too hot for TV
    but cheesy, Too many wanna be hard be easy, is all in together
    going all not together it don't take much to please me
    Still homes are never satisfy like the stones
    we don't condome bitin in the sellin crossbones
    protectin what am writin don't clash with the Titan
    who blast with a liscence to kill rap presitence
    C'mon, in the zone with ya ni**a from the Group Home
    TICAL!!(F*** your lifestyle!!) (Blew wind)...put your lights out
    got the shit the crackin got you fienin with your pipes out
    time for some action, surfin the avenue
    mad at you, where I used to battle crews
    back when Antoinette had that attitude
    Cover me I'm going in, walls closin in
    got us bustin off these pistols
    my ni**as got issues...again, same song
    armed with the mega bomb
    Blow you out the frame and I'm gone.

I was going to Buck-we-romes, cellular phones
    Doc-Meth back in the flesh, blood and bone
    don't condone Spent bank loans and homegrown
    suckers break like Turbo
    in no zone, when I, grab the broom
    moon-walk platoon hawk my goons spark
    leave you in a blue lagoon lost (true)
    three nines and a glove with masu di die in the car
    right behind on the boss
    Haters don't touch, weigh us both up
    now my neighbor doped up
    got the cable hooked up. All channels
    lift my shirt all Mammal
    you ship off keys and we ship Grand Pianos.
    sawed of shotgun
    hand on the pump, sippin on a forty
    smokin on a blunt
    bust my gun and Red and Meth gettin jumped
    La la la la, la la la laaaaa

yeah c'mon, Red and Meth gettin jumped
    La la la la, la la la laaaaaa

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, several times.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I got on TV as an apostate dub on TV about, oh, 5 years ago. It was a 45 minute BBC type show about current affairs, subject matter - "Jehovahs Witlesses and blood transfussions". I got a whole 7 minutes of screen time and managed to get a couple of good points in and raise one idea that the interviewer asked a dub spokesperson at Ozzie headquarters. So I was gratified. Managed to slip in a bit about false prophecy too.

Kick em where they live.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Reborn, THAT sounded like a real scream! bwahahaaha

lol @ Mr Ed!

Hamas did you write those lyrics? Pretty darn cool to say the least.

Wouldnt mind seeing that video Refiners, couldnt you get it up in streaming or something?

Brummie

• teejay
    teejay

It was about twenty years ago...

I worked third shift and so was home during the daytime. A field separated my apartment from one of the local TV stations. One spring day when the wind was a little stiff, I was out there flying a kite with my step-daughter. The TV station sent over a camera crew and "interviewed" us. they wanted to know all my secrets: "Uh.... just let the string out a little at a time" ... "It's all in the wrist" ... "Don't get cocky".... "I wanna thank my momma, my publicist..."

It showed up that night on the 6 o'clock news. Up 'till now, it's been my only claim to fame. *wink*

• Brummie
    Brummie
    "It's all in the wrist" ... "Don't get cocky".... "I wanna thank my momma, my publicist..."

bwahahaahaha, make the most of it huh.

I just remembered when I almost got on TV when I was a JW. I had just come off the service after working with one of the anointed. She, the dear soul, asked me to come back to her house for something to eat and then we would go out on the service again. When we turned the corner the whole TV crew where outside her house! I stood back and let her go, it turned out her rebellious son had made quite a name for himself in the "Boxing" proffesion, she knew nothing of it but all camera's where on her outside while the TV interveiwed the son inside the house. LOL..she was horrified at her sons "violent" career and her ott reaction was all caught on camera.

Brummie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit