Ever been on TV?

by Brummie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Or do you know anyone thats been on TV?

The year I left the JWs I decided to keep a low profile for a while but got asked if I wanted to take part in the Birmingham "Feed the homeless" plight for Christmas. Didnt sound too bad, 'what the eck' I thought, 'stuff the turkeys, I'll do it'.

Anyhow I got a call from my JW mom (now exjw) telling me I had just been spralled all over the TV news on the "Christmas events" section, so there I was on prime time TV with a Santa hat on peeling carotts! Imagine the JWs faces!

Peeling flamin carrotts!!!!!!! Gawwd the reputation has never recovered!

So whats your claim to fame?

Brummie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ah Brummie cute but not too swift sometimes - at least not swift enough to stay out of the camera angle lol

Yes I have been on TV (got the mugs and tapes to prove it) and the radio (no mugs - just tapes) several times and in the newspaper and one journal (no mugs - no tapes - just the clippings) And I did one of a series of video interviews with Mouthy and Dr Penton - well each our own

All of the above except one was for abuse issues - mostly sexual abuse. - the one exception was about dead-beat dads

And the video was about cults and the JWs. I think it is still available on the net somewhere (for sale)

• Buster
    Buster

Fun topic. The answer is, yes - a bunch of times.

When I was a kid in the Boston area, we had a kids TV show based on a Western Cowboy theme hosted by Rex Trailer. I was on that twice.

I married a Puerto Rican girl from a famous entertainment family. When I lived in Puerto Rico, we used to do TV interviews all the time. One was even an hour-long talk show titled "Off the Record." Just my then-wife, me and two interviewers.

Back in Boston, I was a software consultant during the Year 200k computer hype. I did an early morning TV interview with a Providence news show - about a 20-minute segment - sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts.

In Salem Oregon, someone spotted me in the crowd of onlookers as we watched a SWAT team bring in an armed intruder at a shopping mall.

I like being on TV.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Can I get your autographs?...:)

LadyLee, I have mouthys video tape from that series, I have seen some of Jim Pentons, I'd definately like to get yours, whats it called?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Interesting life you have there Buster.

Was your wife family internationaly famous?

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Yep, when I was a witness I was secrectly 'dating' a guy who had a television show. It was innocent enough. I met him when I worked at a radio station. We ultimately broke up because I still held my JW ways. But there are about 6 episodes that I was an extra in. My parents never knew though, but I still have them taped. I've also been in a couple music videos post JW.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

When I was very young and before my dad got into the Troof, he was a radio announcer. He had all kinds of connections into that type of business. So for just a few episodes I was on Romper Room. I think I was about 5 or 6. Little thing.

• Buster
    Buster

Brummie,

No, not internationally famous. But she and her family were once on 20/20 ( a national network US weekly news show) featured in a segment called 'Murder in Paradise'. See, her mother was convicted of hiring someone to murder her husband (how's that for in-laws?)

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Ding.... Ding..... Ding!!!!!!

Buster wins

• Buster
    Buster

Chevys,

Whenever I tell people that bit of history, I usually also tell them that I won't be offended if they stop believing it at some point. Its a long, interesting story - and it did get me on TV a lot. Courtroom appearnaces, getting off an airplane, nightclub sightings - that stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit