*Clicks on telephone!*

"Hello?"

Yiz

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no doubt yall

• sandy
    sandy
    A young Christian girl named Marja observes: "At Christian assemblies many young people keep sending trivial messages to others. It's very common!" Similar behavior has been observed among youths engaging in the Christian ministry. The Bible advises Christians to buy out time for spiritual activities. (Ephesians 5:16) How sad when such precious time is taken up by telephone conversation!

That is the saddest thing I ever heard. LOL

The Bible admonishes us to "hold a good conscience." (1 Peter 3:16) Doing so means that when you use a mobile phone, you must make sure that, as Koichi says, "you have nothing to be ashamed of," even if someone else should see your messages or overhear you

Maybe I only want my best friend to know that my JW father is an alcoholic. Just a thought.

If you decide to own a mobile phone, be determined to control it and not let it control you.

Basic common sense. Oh, I forgot when you are a JW common sense is not all that common.
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

We have lost yet another piece of human communication to the world. Soon, telepathy will have to be used with discernment.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    So technically I have done something WRONG with every member of the opposite sex I talk to on a regular basis. Considering I am a secretary and ANSWER the phone at my place of business, and I am friendly with those who call and sometimes we discuss personal things, that would make me a WHORE?

Well yes, of course it does Unique1!

Serious scholars acknowledge that the position of secretary has pagan origins. Evidently, it was Nimrod who first had secretaries, as he "[dictated] in opposition to Jehovah." Thus, mature Christians will avoid the divisiveness of secretarianism. In this, we can heed the lesson of the first century Christians, who allowed this subtle snare to enmesh them, as we read that one would say "I [type] for Apollos", but another "I [type] for Paul."

Christian sisters especially must guard against this form of Jezebel influence, remembering that this wicked queen usurped her husband's rightfull headship, even going so far as to proofread his letters. - The Watchtower: Are secretaries for Christians?

Expatbrit

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

oh, i am SO not surprised by this at all. i think the wts wants to make sure it maintains a following of total social cripples.

• unique1
    unique1

Expatbrit: DID YOU MAKE THIS UP? You are being a wise@ss right?

Serious scholars acknowledge that the position of secretary has pagan origins. Evidently, it was Nimrod who first had secretaries, as he "[dictated] in opposition to Jehovah." Thus, mature Christians will avoid the divisiveness of secretarianism. In this, we can heed the lesson of the first century Christians, who allowed this subtle snare to enmesh them, as we read that one would say "I [type] for Apollos", but another "I [type] for Paul."

Christian sisters especially must guard against this form of Jezebel influence, remembering that this wicked queen usurped her husband's rightfull headship, even going so far as to proofread his letters. - The Watchtower: Are secretaries for Christians?

Tell me you did, cause that sh!t if freaking me out. Do you know how many secretaries there are in the "truth"?

• freedom96
    freedom96

Talk about control.

It should be up to the parents to watch out what their children are doing, not the WTS. All they are there for anyways is to slap everyones hand.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

If I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it. So is it now a sin to talk to the opposite sex without marriage on your mind.

How pathetic, pigheaded, idiotic, mentally disturbed can the Watchtower get. Make you wonder if ANY of the higher ups, ever had a girlfriend or EVER enjoyed sex once.

Please see the article "Young People Ask—What's Wrong With Talking to Each Other?" in the August 22, 1992, issue of Awake!”

Does anyone have this article ?????? Please post it if you can.
  • Bendrr
    Bendrr

Oh great, just when I go out and get a cell phone that can do text messaging! Now I'm even worse of an apostate than before!

I've got one question though. Just how in the hell does the Empire expect to increase their numbers if all their boys and girls are so afraid of dating or now even talking to each other that they never get to manufacture little dub tricycle motors?

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit