Are Jw's that important?

by integ 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I'm not saying that the JWs loomed large in Hitler's consciousness; I'm sure he had much more important things to worry about.

The Witnesses did, however, stick out like a sore thumb, because they refused to salute Hitler or join the Nazi organizations. Any others who did so were obviously equally hated by Hitler.

So my point is, if the WT were to be correct about a worldwide totalitarian government arising under apocalyptic conditions, then the Witnesses would undoubtedly be a focus of hatred and persecution. Certainly not the only focus, by any means! But however 'pathetic' or 'retarded' we may consider them to be, they would still be considered a threat by a totalitarian government if they refused to submit to it.

• integ
    integ

I understand your point Euph, but as Minimus mentioned, I don't see how they would be perceived as a threat due to their non-violent pacifist stance. The Witnesses merely refuse to worship or pay homage to these leaders and governments, they are instructed to pay to caesar what is due to him, so i don't see how any Government would feel such hatred and venom towards them as much as the Jw's think they would. And the Jw's say this is sure to happen VERY SOON. I just don't see that occuring.

Integ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit