Are Jw's that important?

by integ 21 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Sunday's talk on avoiding Satan's snares brought out an interesting point that the human Government's VERY SOON will be turning all their military and political might on God's people here on earth, because of the fact Jehovah's Witnesses would be perceived as such a dangerous threat to the Governments of the world because of their Christian neutrality. Which begs the question.....When the hell were the Witnesses ever a dangerous threat to anything besides logic? They really are so freaking full of themselves. Those book bag toting retards are a threat to NO-ONE but the sad, hapless saps who join up with them. The government's don't give a crap. How are 6 million pacifists a threat to world security. Don't flatter yourself Brooklyn, and don't forget to change your depends before you go to bed tonight.

Integ.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Which begs the question.....When the hell were the Witnesses ever a dangerous threat to anything besides logic?

Too true. Good point. Not to mention funny.

Which, of course, begs the question...why do I spend time on xJW sites? (my husband asks me this alot)

Mostly because if I can red flag them for one person...get one person to not just believe everything they say hook, line, and sinker...which might keep them from being stuck in the misogynistic morass...which might keep a child from being abused and it being covered up...I'll do it, for at least a while.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Are Jw's that important?

they dont even exist!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

How are 6 million pacifists a threat to world security

so well said.

They do flatter themselves don't they.

And what about countries where there is so few witnesses, let's say China, Muslim countries, Middle east, many parts of Africa.

Do they really think the governments there give a damn.

Just another "SCARE" tactic to build everyone up ........... again !!!!!!!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Obviously, I disagree with the Witnesses' eschatology, since it's based on the premise that they're the one true religion.

But let's get real here. The Witnesses weren't too small to get attention from Hitler, Stalin, Dr Bwanda (sp?), or plenty of other dictators. The point is that in a totalitarian society, any group that insists on maintaining its independence is a threat.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Are Jw's that important?
    Who?

• maxwell
    maxwell

I heard, from another JW when I was a JW, that JW were on a list of subversive organizations compiled by one of the intelligence agencies in the US until the 1970's because of their refusal to fight in wars, their strict neutrality, preaching the future destruction of all earthly governments, etc. I have no way to confirm or deny what she said. Maybe they were on such a list in the past, but I agree that this little organization is of little or no concern to many governments today. The US has impressive intelligence capabilities but also strong civil liberties protections. As you pointed out, there is nothing in this little organization that would constitute a national threat.

Many on this board are concerned about the child abuse problem. That is a very bad thing and I empathize with those in that fight. Personally, I don't think that's a problems isolated with JW. The government needs to adjust some of its laws with regard to that problem, and it might do that, but I don't think they will attempt to eliminate the JW because of that. We can see all the attention that Catholic's got. There was public outcry, but very little or no government action. I think they tend to be more concerned about groups making plans to blow up thousands of people. Some view the JW as a cult. I've heard of the government conducting surveillance (sp?) on more extreme cult organizations, but I haven't heard of action being taken unless there's a specific organizational plan or act of violence. Dying because of refusal to take blood doesn't count.

• freein89
    freein89

book bag toting retards ha ha ha ha ha ha

• integ
    integ
    The Witnesses weren't too small to get attention from Hitler, Stalin, Dr Bwanda (sp?), or plenty of other dictators.

The Witnesses were merely sidenotes to these guys. How many people even know that the Witnesses were persecuted in Nazi Germany? A witness to All the nations huh? What about Stalin?, same thing. While it may be true that ANY pacifist organization could be perceived as a potential threat to a twisted dictatorship, the fact remains that their are only 6 million Witnesses in the world who are supposedly "Rocking The Nations" with their earth shattering message. Oh yeah,i'll bet the Nations are just "shuddering" at the implications of a pacifist force of 6 million people destroying everything they have worked for, especially when this organization joined them in the United Nations...i.e"The Wild Beast's Representative" That's "Getting Real".

Integ.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Sorry for trying to inject logic into this thread. Let the WTS-bashing continue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit