Portland/Vancouver Fest! Pics soon to follow :)

by onacruse 70 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, we had a grand old time yesterday Dakota Red kindly offered his home for our mini-fest, and what started off as a little party for searcher (our UK guest of honor) became somewhat more than that We'd planned to hang around until 6 or 7 pm, but ended up yakking till 10 (ahh, but the gift of gab some people have LOL).

In alphabetical order, our group included: bikerchic, blueyes, Bruce and Dorian Baker, Buster and wifey, Carmel, Dakota Red, goshawk, Lost Diamond, onacruse, Princess and Steve (and Steve's mom and a family friend), searcher, seven006, songmistress, and VeniceIT.

Carmel brought some delicious salmon for the barbie, and we even got searcher to have a taste. We overlooked the fact that Brits prefer to eat fish in the form of fish and chips We had an impromptu b-day party for searcher and songmistress--when we brought out the cake, everything was fine until somebody started to sing Happy Birthday...the words just sorta stuck in our throats, and we looked around at each other like a bunch of dubbies LOLOLOLOL. Princess, Steve, mom and friend showed up in the late afternoon, fresh from a 2-day 200-mile bicycle event: some people really know how to crash a party

seven006 offered to PhotoShop the pics, and here's where we desperately need your opinions. Can seven006 be TRUSTED?? He slyly indicated that he might indulge in a little bit of "editing." Do you all think he's capable of exercising some restraint over his otherwise quite mischievous character????

Craig & Kate

PS: Pics to follow in the next day or so.

• AlanF
    AlanF

: Do you all think he's capable of exercising some restraint over his otherwise quite mischievous character?

He is, but he usually wants money.

AlanF

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well Alan, considering how seven006 has so horrifically disabused you on this board, I'd say that you haven't been sending him nearly enough dough! LOL

Craig

• jukief
    jukief

I wouldn't trust him a bit! As for bribes, he edited a picture of me for Alan at no charge. He's a mean one, he is. Watch out for that guy!

JukieF

• AlanF
    AlanF

You should see how he put my head in a bottle once, mimicking the "bonsai kitten" look. Maybe he still has them around.

For a serious look at the detestable and forbidden art of raising bonsai kittens, see here: http://www.bonsaikitten.com/

AlanF

• searcher
    searcher

Hm,

So no wedding here when I leave then !!

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Well I know I sure don't trust him ehehhehee. And I just want everyone to know I'm innocent, no matter what the pictures might show hehehe.

I really had a wonderful time, it was so great to connect with everyone from the home area and meet so many knew friends. Wish I'd known about you all 3 years ago ahhaha but better late then never, Hopefully we'll see some of you again real soon.

Thanks Craig for organizing it and thanks Dakota for throwing the party!!!

Ven

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ven, so are you saying that the pics we have of you dancing on the table waving a sparkler in each hand are not for display here?

Craig

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    So no wedding here when I leave then !!

Well you never know. You seem to have that magical touch!

• Buster
    Buster

My wife (never was a dub) and I had an excellent time. Two things stand out that I have yet to get used to:

1. How extreme some of the experiences were.
    2. How similar the experiences seem to be.

I really enjoyed meeting some new folks. I expect to see some of you soon.

Thanks again Craig and Lew.

- Cliff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit