why can't i commit to the apostafest in green bay

by freein89 25 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

OMG Waiting!!! I'm so excited I just can't contain myself, can you tell?

Anyway, you're totally right about the "knowing" someone thing. I think just about everyone fell over when they met me. I didn't look like they expected, I wasn't female, I was much, much cuter, I didn't have a blue dot for a head, etc.

I mean, some of these people I had been chatting with and posting with for years!!!

You gotta come!!!!

• Solace
    Solace

Freein, Asortofarieytale and Obiwan!!!

What R U guys Doing??? You are so close!!! Please come!!!

Asortofairytale,

I've been away from here a bit, I was recently thinking about you comming to the fest. I remembered you saying you lived nearby. You are so sweet, I hope you can make it!

The fests I have been to have always been so casual and very comfortable, not stuffy or boring. Theres always lots of fun and good conversation to be had. When you meet someone in person for the first time it feels almost as if you've known them forever. It's so interesting to see how people compair to their online personalities. Its neat to see how some are so similar yet some can be so different than they appear online.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting those who I havent!

Talk to you soon! :)

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

I can only reiterate what others have already posted. The friendly acceptance, camaraderie, and yes, love is something you may not find anywhere else. Truly, quite the opposite of that which is found in a KH. I had the exact same feelings of trepidation before I attended my first gathering in Dallas in March. By general nature I consider myself a wallflower and not usually comfortable at gatherings. I hadn’t associated with any Witnesses, current or previous (other than family, & those experiences weren’t always positive) for over 8 years. I RSVP, then chickened out (shear panic was the actual diagnosis) and said I wasn’t going. Many people reached out with words of encouragement. Big Tex and Cruzanheart, two people I had never spoken to before, found out & kindly phoned me. I was swept away by that kindness & encouragement, and went. I’m so very glad I did. The experience for me facilitated some needed changes in my life that I was seeking. For that, and to all whom I’ve been fortunate to meet and spend more time with, I’m forever grateful.

At this moment, I’m not in the position to go to Green Bay as I had hoped. But I keep my fingers and toes crossed! You never know what tomorrow brings.

If anyone can go to Green Bay (or any other gathering) and is still considering it, I encourage you by all means to go. Enjoy!!!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

oh moreisalwaysbetter, I hope you can find someway to come. It won't be the same without you.

You never know what you'll find at a fest. I know that my encounter in Dallas left me a very changed person. I will always look back on those dates and feel very powerful emotions and while you may not find quite the same emotions that I did, I'm sure that you will find emotions that are just as powerful, unique to you.

You never know what the first words of a poster that you have "talked" to for years will sound like, until you hear them.

Besides, any excuse to get drunk is a good one right????

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Ah I wish I could be in the Land of Beer and Cheese with you guys. So do you still have your Slippy cup? Have a sip from that. In the meantime, I can console myself with the knowledge that:

BRITNEY'S BACK!!!

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Thanks slippy, I will miss your blue dot face. Please have a sip for me from your cup. and please, be sure to keep up with it.

Theresa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit