why can't i commit to the apostafest in green bay

by freein89 25 Replies latest jw friends

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Can't wait to see ya there, Shutterbug!!!!! (((((((((shutterbug))))))))) and it'll be great to meet you freein89!!! See ya there!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Hello Diana, I've been telling everyone you have the most beautiful smile in the world. You should be advertising tooth paste or makeup. Guess I better be careful what I say, women tend to get jealous.

To those of you who are having misgivings, native is one of those I alluded to in my previous post. Never met anyone who didn't like her. If you are new to these get togethers, you are in for a treat. Bug

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Boy can I relate to you all. We joined here in December and had been out for a long time. But, we just couldn't bring ourselves to go to Dallas. The What if's were too many.

Fast forward to weekend before last we decided to just JUMP and go to Dallas for the mini-fest. On the way I thought I would be sick, Thunder is shy and I have a loud voice and I'm very talkative. I told Thunder "If I talk too tell me to stop." Guess wha.....WOW, it was unbelievable I have never, ever, ever felt so comfortable with people. I told Big Tex my fears he laughed because everyone was loud and talkative, everyone was wonderful. I always have problems with situations such as these cause I don't usually drink no one gave me any crap I drank ice tea and had a BLAST.

So, whatever your reservations relax come on and let's have a great time.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

You'll have an absolute blast and not just cause I'll be there.

I wasn't going to go to Dallas. I was on the fence cause I hate to fly and also cause I was worried about what would happen if I was "caught" in some way seeing as how I'm inactive.

Well!!! After considerable pressure to attend, I relented. I'm SOOOOO glad that I did. I met some of the coolest, mostest wonderful people ever!! It's 5 months later and I've been so pumped to see everyone again this coming weekend.

XenaWarrior is one of the nicest, most hospitable person that I've ever met and she'll make you feel like it's your own home you're visiting. Shes taken alot of time to make this fun and worry free and trust me, when she puts herself into a project, SHE PUTS HERSELF IN!!! It should be a perfect blast!!!!!!! Make sure you email XenaWarrior with your menu choice for the dinner Saturday night, I think she needs to know by Wednesday. Prime Rib, Breast of Chicken Piccata and Broiled Red Snapper. Rumor has it that here maybe Wallabee there too . Oh and if you have the pleasure of staying the night, maybe if you are good, XW will make us all egg circles!!!!

There will be plenty of alcohol to go around (if that's your thing) to fill the Slippy Cup and I hope that you will come and share a hug, a drink with me and a very good time.

Native: Bring your headcovering...I'll adjust your mic.

XenaWarrior: Thank you for having me into your home for the very first time I can't wait to see the chairs and your balls.

Shutterbug: I hope that I can count on you to take lots and lots of pictures. Digital please, so that I can have copies!!!!

Heaven: Stuff that crockpot in your suitcase, I'm making DIP Baby!!!!!

Star: I've got your can of SPAM right here...

SheilaM: BigTex rocks!!!!! All the Dallas Apostates do!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Slippy, I don't own a digital camera, but if you want copies I'll get them to you one way or the other.

This would be a good time to point out that if anyone doesn't want their picture posted on this or any other forum there will be steps taken to insure your wishes are respected. Bug

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Hey there folks !!

Please do come !!!

Thank you folks for the kind words - love you all !!!

You will be pleasantly surprised-- I promise !!!

On Saturday afternoon we are getting together at my house for a party. The theme is " The Birthday Party games you never got to play"-

We are going to play some games- musical chairs, sack races, pin the tail on the donkey, pass the orange and we're going to have a pinata too !!

You can participate in the games or hang out and converse and watch Native and Valis fight over the last chair in musical chairs !! No pressure whatsover- do what you are comfortable with. Enjoy the conversation with others and the laughs and SOME AWESOME PEOPLE !!!

And- no- noone is going to be harmed in my home- I have a sword !!!

Within 20 minutes you will feel like you've known these folks forever. It's a great time and I've planned it to make it comfortable and easy for everyone to just show up and ENJOY!!

On Friday night we are going out for dinner and dancing- we'll be going to a supper club that some friends of mine own and then off to do some partying. At the supper club they are giving us a more secluded area of the place so we won't be in the thick of the restaurant. (I told them how loud some of us get - and they know me anyway ) So please come Friday night- you'll just be able to feel comfortable and having fun with these folks that much sooner !!!!!

Here is some more info: The blue highlighted entree choices are for Saturday night's dinner.

Okay- I need your help -

For those attending-

We'll be able to order from the menu for Friday night's dinner at the supper club so we don't need to make any choices for that right now. And I heard from the chef that he'll be making my favorite as "the special" that night- "Walleye Almondine" If you like walleye-it's to die for !!!

Saturday night:

We are still on at the hotel for dinner- I was able to smooth things over there-whew !!

We have 3 menu items to choose from:

Breast of Chicken Piccata: Sauteed with a lemon & Chablis sauce & topped with diced red peppers....presented with fettuccine Alfredo......

Broiled Red Snapper: Marinated in a citrus vinaigrette & served over a bed of fresh confetti rice...

Roast Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus: This tender cut is roasted to perfection & served to you with steaming baked potato & the chef's vegetable selection....

I need folks to make their choice from these and let me know what it is so I can notify the facility 72 hours in advance. Each selection is $20 with tip included and I'll need cash paid the night of the dinner- they won't accept charges for this- too confusing.

We will no longer be having a bar in our banquet room but the hotel bar is right down the hall so it's only a short jaunt for a cocktail.

Let me know what your selection is for dinner on Saturday night as soon as possible.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Let's PARTY !!!!!!!!!

PM me to let me know if you need any assistance with accomodations or to let me know what you'd like for dinner on Saturday. On Friday night we'll be ordering from the menu.

You won't regret it- I assure you !! Just pm me and I'll get you all set up !!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO It's going to be a blast !!!!

XW

• TheStar
    TheStar

Freein, Asortofarieytale and Obiwan, you guys must come and join us!!!

You will have a great time! As you can see XW has her Sh*t together. We're going to have a blast!!!

Slip, I'm going to feed you that Spam while Native rubs it in your hair!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Thunder is shy and I have a loud voice and I'm very talkative.

No he's not and no you're not.

You guys are no different than Nina and I. We're all just people, who happen to share a similar background and that's one thing that brings us together. It is that experience that we all have in common. I submit that, for the most part, we are all pretty good and decent people with personality and interests to bring to the table. But what we have learned from our experience is to celebrate our differences. Some smoke, some don't. Some are loud, some are quiet. Some drink, some don't.

But see, that's the wonders of humanity. We are all the same, except we express it in different ways.

I'll tell you this freein, my first apostafest was last October. Nina and I rarely go out on Saturdays (maybe 4-5 times a year) but we splurged for a babysitter and set out for a restaurant called Gloria's. On the way there, we told each other that we would make an appearance, smile and bug out. I for one just knew we were going to be ignored, or worse since the Witnesses acted way that I just knew everyone else did.

When we got there, the restaurant manager directed us to the back room where I laid eyes on a tall, lanky fellow with dreadlocks down below his shoulder blades. It was Valis, the Beloved District Overbeer. Before I could say a word, he got a big smile on his face and said, "You must be Big Tex!" and gave me the biggest bear hug I'd ever had. (I never thought I looked like a big tex, but that doesn't matter). Anyway, we just kind of hung out and talked with Six of Nine and Megadude most of the evening and we had a ball. We were quite regretful to leave at 11:00 p.m. just when the dancing had begun, which for me was probably a good thing since I can't dance to save my life.

But I learned something very valuable that evening. For the first time, I saw with my own eyes that the Society had lied to me. Apostates were not evil, and getting together with them was not a case of drunken orgies filled with satanic worship.

So I say go!! Xenawarrior is a fantastic person, and she will show you a grand time in the greatness of Green Bay. And when you go, have a beer for me.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

*sniff*

Ok, just for you Tex, I'll have a beer. Just this once...

Freein, Asortofarieytale and Obiwan Gotta come!!!!!!!!

and yeah, once you meet Sasquatch Boy, you'll never be the same again. Actually, after Native got done with him in Dallas, HE wasn't quite the same (whattta bruise!!!).

• waiting
    waiting

At first........it's odd.

I think most of us are shy at first. Some of us know each other so well, but we really don't know what each other look like. ("OMG! I didn't know she looked like that.".......well, Billygoat was kind enough not to say that to my face, anyway. I am kidding, btw.)

But I've been fortunate to meet probably 30 people now from our forum..........and it's been a total delight each time. I've never been disappointed. Well, I did miss BigTex & Little Toe in skirts, but that's why mankind invented faith, eh?

So GO! GO! have a GREAT TIME! Make friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit