why can't i commit to the apostafest in green bay

by freein89 25 Replies latest jw friends

• freein89
    freein89

I honestly can't figure out what my problem is here. I live in Wisconsin, only an hour and a half from the Mall of America though. I know somebody is going there and will head to Green Bay from there. I want to go so badly but I am holding back and I don't know why. I want to meet all of you who will be there. What is my problem? I could use some encouragement perhaps.

Deb

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Hey Deb!

I know how you feel. I live only 45 minutes away from Green Bay, and I am still not sure if I will go. Maybe it is because I am completely socially retarded! How about we both overcome our *issues*, and just do it? We both know what a blast it will be!

• obiwan
    obiwan

yeh,yeh what she said!

• freein89
    freein89

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that I am not alone. I was feeling like an idiot for even posting my concerns. Ya know what? I am gonna do it. Anybody wanna do it with me? If you have your mind in the gutter get it out, I am talking about the apostafest, no, really I am.

Deb

Oh and I will try to find who is meeting at the Mall of America, if I make the commitment I won't chicken out. How about you?

• obiwan
    obiwan

Anybody wanna do it with me? If you have your mind in the gutter get it out, I am talking about the apostafest, no, really I am.

Spoil sport!

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

I'll see you in Green Bay!

• nativenyr23
    nativenyr23

Ok. For those of you not sure if you will go to the apostofest in Green Bay......please hear my story.

I was really scared of going to my first apostofest in Dallas, which is 1 hr. drive from my home in Fort Worth. I'd never been to one and was terrified (remember, we've been programmed that "apostates are evil"....even though I myself was one at this point). In anycase, i bit the bullet and went. and it was the best thing i've ever done for myself. I was IMMEDIATELY greeted and made to feel welcome. Not only did i meet a bunch of wonderful people....but i had a great time....because for the first time since my disfellowshipping, i felt like i wasn't alone. Not to mention, all that crap we were taught....about how life on the outside is terrible and alone.....well, they're wrong. I smiled to myself the entire drive home afterwards!!!!! I have felt more love from the apostofests than any assembly or meeting, or "get together" i attended in my 20some years in the "troof". So please, i GREATLY encourage you ....if you can get there...by all means....you'll miss out terribly if you don't go. I'll be coming ALL THE WAY FROM TEXAS!!!! WOOHOOO.....

I know its scary... meeting strangers always is. But i promise, the "stranger" feeling only lasts about 2 seconds. Our hostess, Xenawarrior, is the best....After about the 1st 30 minutes....it'll feel like we've known each other all our lives. Please go!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I well understand how you feel !! When I went to Dallas for my first apostafest I thought I would be struck dead. Didn't happen. Met some very wonderful people, some of whom are comitted to Greenbay. Are we all perfect ? Hardly, but if past experience means anything, you will be treated with dignity and respect. I know of one person who went to Dallas to associate with apostates recently, who almost threw up on the way there because of nervousness. Now that person is singing a different tune, she loved it!

So relax, make the short trip to Greenbay and enjoy yourselves. Some of us enjoy these shindigs so well we are coming all the way from Texas to enjoy the company of you folks and others. Sure hope they don't shoot Cowboy fans up there. Bug

• freein89
    freein89

asortafairytale and all,

over the river and through the wood to the apostafest we go. see ya there

deb

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Looks as if Native got in there ahead of me, and I'm glad she did. Her point about Xenawarrior is a good one. She is one of the nicest individuals I've ever met in my life and she won't have anyone mistreated in her home. We will be strangers when we meet, but not for long because of our shared background. Bug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit