Question for elders or ex elders

by northern girl 73 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT
    If a person KNOWS that the Society and FDS says it's a SIN to come on these sites, how in good conscience can a person get on here, only to WANT to return to the vomit of the Watchtower's Society's false teachings? Is it because of being "mind-controlled"? Or is it more often than not a stubborness to just want to be a "believer'?

this is where DOUBLE THINK,DOUBLE SPEAK comes into play in my view

• pamkw
    pamkw

I was df once and then I was reinstated. What I have found is no person in the cong will really forgive you. Be prepared for people pointing at you and talking behind your back. Every new person who moves in the area will learn of your background, how you were df once. I would love to be reunited with my grandma again (she died a good jw) but it won't be through the jws. Being reinstated doesn't bring you acceptance into the cong. My df happened 22 years ago, but there are still people who have never forgotten. This is one reason I stopped going, I spent years and years trying to be perfect and make up for my mistakes. I was never good enough. Whenever a single man looked my way, other in the cong would tell them that I would not be a good person to get to know because I was df once.

You have a chance to have a life NG, don't give it back to them.

Pam

ps now I kind of understand where you are coming from and why you may respond to somethings as you do. Being df is one of the most unpleasant experiences that can happen to a person.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I wish there had been a JT to help me 20 yrs ago. I could have spared myself so much grief .But i did not have access to the info that u have now. Read some of JT's post, NG. Just go to search and type in his name and all his posts will come up.

All i can tell u about JC meetings is from my own personal experience. I sincerely felt it was the truth and felt i owed it to jehovah to be honest in all things. They grilled me about everything.I was reistated b/c i had formed no outside friendships and attended all meetings and was humble. Your mileage may vary.

• JT
    JT
    I wish there had been a JT to help me 20 yrs ago. I could have spared myself so much grief .But i did not have access to the info that u have now. Read some of JT's post, NG. Just go to search and type in his name and all his posts will come up.

thanks for the kind words

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit