What did you hope for just to avoid Saturday witnessing?

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 50 Replies latest social family

• Swan
    Swan

Alien Invasion!

I used to hope that pod people would take over and make everyone act like zombies. Come to think of it, that is very close to the reality of going out in the field service!

Tammy

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

I used to look forward to Saturday field service because I would get together with my other "Undercover Brothers" and would go to the beach or the mall as soon as the arrangements were made.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

In always hoped for the rain, snow storms you name it I hoped hard for them as I really hated Saturdays, I had a very hard shedual at work and was very tierd from my week saturday mornings, my ex-wife was one of those fanatical dubs that couldn't miss any field service...

Lapuce

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Bliss, down here in the SE corner of Texas close to the Gulf Coast, I usually hoped for a hurricane or a downpour with thunder and lightenin'

Frannie B < of the web-footed class>

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

police to arrest us for annoying the city.

• lookinlively
    lookinlively

I got my own territory and picked the people and times I wanted - occationally I braved it with the prissy pioneers on Wednesdays! Mostly I went out cause my kid wanted to go. I liked teaching real bible truth from the real bible - not "see how much time you can get in" or "how many mag you can place" After a while I was too embarrased for people to come to the KH. Eventually I gave up! My heads a little thick I know!@!

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

These replies are great. You guys have a great imagination.

Ain't it grand that we don't have to do it any more..................freedom!

Cheers, Bliss

• smack
    smack

sure is, weekends are great now.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

So funny ...

actually I've only did once, I was 7 and it was a rainy day with an old and very sick brother (a lovely man) ... After that first trial (that I've got the picture of it all)... I thought NO WAY ! Neither my mother nor my sisters could force me to anything ... rather be punished ... And I've been so much (I was still loving Jah), but you know what ? I didn't care at all ... My familly called me "insensitive" which is very interesting !!!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I didn't have a problem going out in service so much. I just had a problem with elders and the society trying to make us think that it was somehow mandatory on Saturdays. Like it was some kind of sabbath or something. So, being rebellious by nature, I usually looked for any reason to avoid it on Saturdays. I'd go out on Saturdays if I was bored and had nothing else to do. There were times when elders got on my ass about Saturday service, so then I'd just hand them a bible and ask them to show me where it said that preaching had to be performed on a certain day of the week. If they accused me of being stubborn or rebellious, I'd just point out to them that Jesus didn't specify which days of the week were acceptable for service, and are they presuming to have more authority than him?

Besides, I'm sure we all know that no one was REALLY interested in Saturday service. The reall attraction was the invasion of the local Tim Hortons at 11:00 AM.

Most elders disliked me.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit