What did you hope for just to avoid Saturday witnessing?

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 50 Replies latest social family

• riz
    riz

lmao @ TR

'roids. hahahaha!

• Mulan
    Mulan

My kids tell me they would lay in bed watching the clock, hoping we weren't going and that I wouldn't call them. The boys' bedroom was in the downstairs, so I would call them through the heat register. They hated that call.

When I was a kid, I would wait until the group arrived at our house for the meeting for service, and then I would get in the shower. It really made my mother mad. She would hear me getting up, and thought I was ready to go, and then she would hear the shower. No blow dryers in those days, so I got out of it. Then I had to hope she wouldn't punish me by not letting me go out that night or even the afternoon. Usually I could talk her out of it though.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I had not only service on saturdays but my book study also!!

lol... I totally understand! We switched to Saturday bookstudy for the last couple years we were in the borg. It was nice having an extra night "off" during the week, but it surely made Saturday a hell day. And Sunday we had meeting. Weekends were shot.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    My kids tell me they would lay in bed watching the clock, hoping we weren't going and that I wouldn't call them. The boys' bedroom was in the downstairs, so I would call them through the heat register. They hated that call.

hahaha! That's EXACTLY what I would do when I still lived at home. Saturday morning I'd just stay in bed... hoping that my parents wouldn't be up and hoping that they wouldn't get me out of bed for service. Too funny!

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Well, one of the few perks of having an unbelieving mate was being able to skip out on weekend service without repercussions from "the friends". You know, the whole "my husband is off on the weekends and I'm lucky(oops)if I can get to the sunday meeting since he's not real favoribly disposed to the truth" bit. Worked like a charm. They never got used to seeing me then so it wasn't a problem. Service sucked any day of the week but I was sure glad I didn't feel I had to waste a saturday morning schlepping out in "God's strange work".

• Francois
    Francois

Armageddon.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well here in Canada we have the blessing of cold and snow storms and ice storms The last two worked best. Power outtages were good although one time we had the meeting in the hall by candle light groan

Summer was harder so getting sick was always good. If the kids gave even the slightest indication of feeling sick I would cancel going. Think the ex caught on though and would send me sometimes but he went more often cuz he was the elder guy.

Mostly I got sick from anxiety. I never realized how bad it was until recently. If I had seen a dr I might have been drugged up hehehe

• starfish422
    starfish422

Brutally heavy rains or furious winter storms were about the only things that would keep my uber faithful parents home on Saturday morning. Even bitter cold didn't do it.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Drizzle, a major earthquake, that my alarm would break and that no one would call and ask why I was not out in service.

• freedom96
    freedom96

When I was growing up as a witness, my whole life, there was nothing that would keep my parents from taking us out in service. Rain or shine.

I must have been sick once or twice, but I don't remember that at all. Virtually every weekend and holiday my entire youth.

As an adult, I always dreaded it. Sometimes I wouldn't go, but I would feel guilty. After my divorce, I never went out again.

Now I cannot imagine wasting time on somthing like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit