What the hell am I going to do with these books?!?

by TheApostleAK 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

What am I going to do with all the books (for field service) that I still got?? I got 5 "Life" books, 3 NWT's, 5 "Knowledge" books, 3 of every brochure, 10 "Required" brochures, 2 "Creator" books, 2 "Family" books and a 12 inch pile of WT's and Awakes? (I got another box of books to got thru in a minute) And I didn't even pay for them!

Anyone want any of these????

• TR
    TR

Send them to Randy Watters at Freeminds.org. I packed up all mine and donated them. Better check with him first, though.

TR

"cults suck"

• Lindy
    Lindy

Put them up on e-bay and make some money. People all over are looking for copies of JW books for their own libraries or for research.
    Lindy

• JAVA
    JAVA
    DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR WT BOOKS, ETC.!

Keep them boxed up for awhile--you might be able to use them for research. Once they are gone you'll pay big bucks getting replacements. I did that years ago--I'm VERY SORRY about that today!!!

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Shortly after I realized that the WTBTS was a big scam, I took all of my WT litter-for-sure and made good use of it on that cold winter night so many years ago.

It all went into the fireplace. I was pleased to at last get a warm feeling from the Brooklyn spewage; the flames lasted for about five hours. Which is somewhat less time than those flames reserved for the WTBTS leadership.

I had thought about selling them to a used bookstore, but I feared that some unwitting person might get them and be swindled into the cult; I didn't need that on my conscience. In a similar spirit, I would advise that anyone auctioning their collection on line to include warning advisories to the bidders just in case they might not know the truth about the "truth".

As mentioned before, I still have a copy of a volume of _Studies in the Scriptures_ with the pyramid chart fold-out; this is reserved for viewing by any JW door knockers.

• larc
    larc

Back in the 1960's, I used to buy the old books for a quarter each. After several house moves they have all been dumped. Today, they are worth about 50 dollars each.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Getting WT books off of eBay is a scam.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I gave all of mine to Good Will. Now I wish I had kept some of them for reference.
    TW

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I totally agree with Java. I am looking to rebuild my library as well and I could kick myself for throwing (burning) them all away.

I am determined to help people leave and there is something very satisfying having the actual publication right infront of them instead of a printout or something.

My name is Slipnslideius Masterus: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius...

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    Getting WT books off of eBay is a scam.

?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit