What the hell am I going to do with these books?!?

by TheApostleAK 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day ApostleAK,

You're not into collecting things, eh? Not even 'old light'? All the publications you have in stock (except perhaps for the NWT) contain 'old light' (teachings that have been revised). What about your witnessing bag? your meeting bag? your street witnessing folder?

Mine are stored. I couldn't (wouldn't want to) use them again.

Cheers,

Ozzie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I sugest selling them down the pub - you could try the Railway Hotel @ Port Adelaide, if you make it outta there alive, you could crawl over to the Lord Nelson.

unclebruce smoking his way through exodus.

PS: I'd like a set of books, if you hold onto a few for me I'll shout you and your lady out to tea next time I'm over there.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Uncle Bruce: Yr on! I still can get current JW books so if you want any.

Ozziepost: Nah, not a hardcore WT collector. I'm more after the dime a dozen books like the Happiness or James sort of books. I'm not after any rare books.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Apostle,
    I am dying for a copy of the big concordance, you know that maroon one. Any ideas short of going to the KH, to get one?
    TW

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Thinker's wife: email me.

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Hi ApostleAK,

Before you get rid of all of your WTs and if you have the 1991s, can you give me the date of the Memorial celebration for that year?

bjc

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Righto AK,

I'm interested in the larger reference books and my bibles a bit tatty ... I'll try and make it over there before the year ends. My favorite restuaunt was a little chinese place on OG road Klemzig (The Jade Inn - great crab meat soup) Or there's that Spanish place with the dancefloor in the city, .. the revolving resturaunt at Glenelg? ... or...

:) I'll be in touch ... unc

PS: Piecart still in front of Parliment house?

• hippikon
    hippikon

Holy $hit - those books worth that much - I'm gona start nicking them from the KH library

"But it does move"
    Galileo

• Faraon
    Faraon

Like an idiot I threw all of mine in the circular file.
    I also did not want anyone to fall in the greedy hands of the WTBS.
    I could have used them in my divorce.
    It would have saved me thousands of dollars.

JRP

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Apostate,
    Did you get my email?
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit