The WTS should support these bible truths

by Dubby 28 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Frenchy, I don't remember your exact words on the other post, but I do think that you have surpassed yourself with this one.

In addition to the hogshead stew and chitlins, I'll throw in a hefty side of Rocky Mountain Oysters....and a quahog.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you, thank you (Frenchy is bowing to the crowd). You guys are great... Now what's a quahog?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Yep, a stuffie and a coffee cabinet....yum!

A quahog is a large, hardshell clam. A stuffie is pretty much stuffing made with quahogs, various spices, and sometimes some chorico or linguica, then piled onto the empty quahog shell and baked.....excellent!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Say, Red, that sounds pretty good..

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Frenchy, here in RI we have a cartoonist, Don Bousquet (a Frenchman, no less) who has made his living drawing cartoons about quahogs and those who love them. He's published quite a few books...sort of like The Far Side with bivalves.

• Seven
    Seven

RedhorseWoman, Roe Dyelin? I've spent alot of time
    in Newport the past several years. Last year-nearly all of July and the first week in Sept. I think Don B. has over a dozen books now. The man is hysterical! Yankee magazine printed many of his
    cartoons within their pages. LOL

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hmmm....we might be related!

• circare
    circare

Boy! I wish I knew what or who y'all were talking about!

Red supposin' I decided I was brave enough to have a 'stuffie' what would the 'chorico' or 'linguica' be? And a 'coffee cabinet'? The mind boggles.

Dubby I've heard of 'chitterlings' before but I don't know what they are either. (btw thanks for the kind words about my family the other day)

7 Do you mind me asking who this 'hysterical' Don B. is?

Yeh I know we Aussies are an ignorant lot aren't we!

Frenchy your other post similar to this subject was under '..a letter to Dr Laura' by Jokemyster on 5/31. Both equally as good I think.

• waiting
    waiting

Circare,

I'm sure you have "chittlin's" in Australia, but you probably call them by another cute name. In Indiana, far from any ocean, they were called "Kentucky Oysters". People from Indiana tend to think that people from Kentucky are ignorant. Btw, Kentucky is just as far from any ocean as Indiana.

I've never seen them spelled "chitterlings" - maybe we're not talking about the same anatomy of the bull. I was just informed by a co-worker that "chittlin's can also refer to fried intestines. Kentucky Oysters are the fried testicles of a bull. All men can cross their legs now. The first time a farmer told me what "Kentucky Oysters" were, he started laughing at me and told me I could unsquint my eyes at any time.

Cooked brains of a cow are called "sweetbread".
    Do you have cute names for eating the parts of animals that you really don't want to know that you're eating? Or is this something peculiar to USA? There are other things peculiar to the USA, btw, mainly being peculiar.

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Oh, ye of minimal gustatory experience. Chorico and linguica are two types of Portugese sausage. Chorico is VERY spicy, whereas linguica is spicy, but relatively mild....then there's Polish Kielbasa, which is also a type of sausage that is on the bottom rung of spicy.

Now, when you're in Rhode Island, be sure to order a stuffie, a grinder, and a coffee cabinet.

The grinder is known elsewhere as a submarine sandwich, or hoagie. The coffee cabinet is a frappe....made with ice cream.

If you order a milk shake in Rhode Island, you will get milk with flavored syrup. If you order a milk shake pretty much anywhere else, you will get milk with ice cream.

After downing your excellent lunch, you might want to get a drink from the bubbler (water fountain). You can imagine the amused looks I got when I attended an assembly in Seattle and asked where the bubbler was....everyone thought I was insane. But, then again, the conversation out there tended to revolve around logging trucks. Interesting subject, to be sure....but after three hours of conversing about logging trucks you begin to wish someone would implode.

Seven....Newport? Really? It's a beautiful city. We have a timeshare there right on the harbor, but we haven't been able to use it for awhile since we have no one to take care of the horses. You must have been down Ocean Drive. I think that's one of the most beautiful spots in RI.

If you ever get out this way again, perhaps we could grab a cup of coffee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit