Will the Watchtower take down their website?

by integ 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

this web thing with old light on it should be brought up in court at trials when they spout the "We abhor child abuse" line backed up with the "If you don't believe us, check our website".

One must keep on top of such god channeled progressive truths, The official WT site is the only source needed to set these records straight and prove to the world that they alone preach the real truth.

I know that there is only a handful that gives a shit but How the hell do they get away with this crap?

will

• Swan
    Swan

The Internet is THE BIGGEST threat to the WTBTS today.

But how will they prevent children from learning about the Internet? This is now part of every classroom (at least here in Oregon and I assume elsewhere). Are they going to counsel parents to send notes to teachers to excuse their children from Internet lessons? The teachers will think they are nuts (which they are)!

I remember that I was excused from holiday themed instruction and parties, birthday celebrations, etc. I was sent to the library. But now school libraries have the Internet. Where will they send these JW kids now, the bathroom?

Many more may choose to home school their kids to keep them free of the world, but that doesn't work for most JWs. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Tammy

• Francois
    Francois

Nothing the WT has ever done has had one particle of effect in keeping its members from: fornication, adultery, boozing it up, petty thievery, not-so-petty-thievery, gluttony, envy, and right on down the list. I doubt there's a SINGLE thing the WT can possibly do that will even put a dent in Internet use by the rank and file.

The WTBTS can scream until it's blue in the face about being God's only "channel of communication" God is using today and to stay the hell off the Internet, and the rank and file will continue to stifle a giggle each time they log on.

There was a song about a similiar phenomena in the last century. It was titled "How Ya Gonna Keep 'em Down on The Farm, After They've Seen Paree?" Same idea attaches.

Don't think they can lure me into doing their will and tell me my reward is going to be shoveling shit with them for a thousand years with no sex. A thousand years with Jehovah's Witnesses? I'd rather be dead.

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

No they won't. The website is their reaction to sites like this one. It's the classic 'if you can't beat them - join them' syndrome. They aren't using it an an information tool, just checking off the box that says 'do you have an internet site?' Maybe that was a question found on the application for the library card? Who knows...

I told my parents I was looking for info about the JW's and they point blank told me the info online was not accurate and if I wanted the 'official' site to let them know. They're doing their research and I'm doing mine. I can't get them to check out this site, but will try.

Maybe we should ask - Will the WTS attempt to crash and close out this site?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit