Will the Watchtower take down their website?

by integ 33 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

What can the Watchtower do to stop the influx of their flock from going to apostate web sites that expose their false doctrines? One way would be to take down their website so no one would even have a reason to get on line. Too severe right? Even the loyalist of dubs would not stand for that. But what do you think they WILL do to stop this "Snare of Satan" from entrapping the entire rank and file members? I don't think telling people to simply stay away from it will work in the long run. It certainly won't stop householders and such from looking, so they have to DO SOMETHING don't they?

Integ.

• blondie
    blondie

integ, JWs were already out on the internet, reading and making their own websites and DBs. The WTS put up their own website to try and stem the tide and to give people an alternative to the "apostate" sites. Didn't work as well as they thought. But it did give them a basis for the faithful to take down personal sites.

Blondie

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

There's really nothing they can do. Even if it were possible to stop all of their members from going onto the internet, they certainly can't stop householders and others who are approached by the Witnesses from doing so. If I were approached by members of a religion I wasn't familiar with, and they were trying to convert me, the first thing I'd do would be to jump online and try to get some info about them, wouldn't you? And if the group had generated as many disgruntled ex-members as the JW's have, it shouldn't be too hard to dig up all the dirt on them. That's why the WTS is dumbing down their approach, imho. Their primary focus for conversion is upon people who have limited skills in critical thinking.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I think that they're just going to warn, warn, warn, about the internet, and hope that their losses are limited, because they know they can expect to lose more. I think as to contributions, they may try to hammer as much of the remaining dubs as possible, furthre putting a strain on people who are already financially crippled by the Watchtowers 'no education unless for God' policy.

I think they'll ignore things as much as possible, put as much official garbage on their website as is humanly possible, etc.

ash

• sf
    sf
    The WTS put up their own website to try and stem the tide and to give people an alternative to the "apostate" sites.

Yet it falls flat because it is simply a dictative site, in a word.

It offers no interaction or ways to communicate with those viewing the site. No forum to discuss the sites contents or question various topics displayed BY WATCHTOWER ALL OVER THE WORLD. It basically is a site I call a 'sit-there' site.

It would be truly something to WITNESS if they indeed did put up a forum and a chat room.

ROFLOLOL. Yea right! Maybe in 'the new world order'.

LOLOLOL!!

sKally: http://profiles.yahoo.com/wturls klass

• Hamas
    Hamas

The best thing for them to do would be to place more and more pressure on the rank and file not to go online. This wouldn't mean that they would tell them outright not to go online, rather, they would create more and more stories of the internet and its dangers ( chatrooms, demons coming down the phone line, etc ) and use their mind control powers to control rank and file.

This is how they have successfully achieved such things before; continual mind games as the Witness becomes more mentally naieve.

• integ
    integ
    demons coming down the phone line, etc

LOL....They actually DO say that don't they?

• sf
    sf
    I think the internet is seen as an educational tool and they are aware of the damage that a good education can bring.

Oh yes. This profile has PROVEN to 'damage' many yahoo jw chatters in the last four years; in which is constantly revised:

http://profiles.yahoo.com/wturls

When I first started going into jw yahoo chatrooms it was also the point in which I was discovering just how brilliant of a tool the internet truly was. I learned fast how to search, cut/ cupy/ paste and take URLs from one place to the other. It became a passion and I mastered it at some point to where now it is a natural part of my existance. It is simply what I 'do'.

Any one of the long-time exjw chatters such as Cygs nuts and Hyghlandyr will attest to this fact. Most of the long-time jw chatters ARE GONE TO PALTALK now!!

ROFLOLOLOL!!

It is simple in these rooms...we do not tolerate watchtower krap to be preached. We target the trolls immediately and we weed out the predators; as there are a number of young jw and ex jws in there.

Not to mention that my profile is updated weekly with new links and news; thus wt URLs. It works for me and has worked for many.

And if it weren't for all the men and women before me who wrote about watchtower corruption, deception and twistedd doctrines that bend minds and kill kids, I would not have the links and/ or info to place on my profile, thus take to the world through the Superhighway.

Thank you, as you know who you are and what you wrote; on and offline.

So Teddy, I WILL KEEP PUMPING OUT DAILY WHAT THESE PEOPLE PULL APART AND UNCOVER FROM YOUR WATCHTOWER 'ROT'. I will plaster it all over the internet, as I am WITNESSED 'doing' everyday in chatrooms. The nations shall know...in due time Jaracz, that you too are like LA COSA NOSTRA!

sKally: http://profiles.yahoo.com/wturls klass

• glitter
    glitter

On a side note, how STUPID is the WT not to register every possible domain name (not even that expensive to do, certainly not on $952m or whatever!) reffering to their religion *years ago* to stop eeeeeeevil deeeemin-possessed apostates like Simon getting their hands on them? [:D]

• rocketman
    rocketman

On a side note, how STUPID is the WT not to register every possible domain name (not even that expensive to do, certainly not on $952m or whatever!) reffering to their religion *years ago* to stop eeeeeeevil deeeemin-possessed apostates like Simon getting their hands on them? [:D]

glitter, I guess Jehovah chose not to excerise hie foreknowledge in this instance. Either that, or the FDS just didn't 'discern' the message in time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit