"Look! The Beautiful Country!", theocratic maps?

by VM44 36 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

While thinking about this it doesn't seem that strange to me that they try to denounce the other biblical maps, now that they have produced their own maps.

In the past when some dubbies were actually interested in the geography of the bible they had to turn to maps produced by 'babylon the great' which in turn also exposed these faithful dubbies to other views on bible doctrine. My guess is that now, they are encouraged to use only the ones provided by the 'slave' and cannot use the looking-for-maps excuse for snooping around in babylon the great 's library.

Just another information control tool.

Anyway, to most dubs these maps are not interesting at all. Much like the calendar....boring.

Greven

• Hamas
    Hamas

Please, somebody scan these images in. This is priceless entertainment.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Just another information control tool

Too true, Greven.

The more "information" the WTS provides its members, the less likely they will ever have to use, as someone else so aptly put it, "Babylon the Great's" libraries (or anything else, for that matter).

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

If most worldly maps are from the Debil...then Triple AAA must be the Anti-Christ!!

BONEZZ

• Hamas
    Hamas

LOL @ BONEZZ !!!!

lol , great comment and a great name, my friend

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Oh no, I work for AAA (well, CAA actually)

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

See, this is why they needed the UN library card- they were doing research for these new maps! What a perfectly innocent action.

For the dinosaurs, check out the Aid book. I think it was in the article on the Flood, that it mentioned that at the very latest, the dinosaurs were wiped out then. Noah brought some of the lizard 'kind' on board, just not dinosaurs. I suppose that's what happened to the poor mastodons too. Way to go Noah! What were you thinking?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

In Germany they did not print enough of this stuff. Many convention visitors did not get a Map-brochure.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Thanks Hamas......& RunningMan, you may want to think of new employment. Even though it may be a conscious matter you certainly would not want to stumble others who may find out that you are a dispenser of worldly maps. Really, how would you feel showing up on the doorstep of one who had recently procured worldly maps from you? Could you talk of the kingdom without a guilty conscious?

-BONEZZ

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, I just checked one of our mileage charts to find the distance from Ninevah to the Forum, and I couldn't find it! This is indeed evidence of Satan's influence on our worldly maps.

Also, if a newly interested one found out that I was working for the antichrist, he would surely be stumbled.

I will go downstairs and put in my resignation immediately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit