"Look! The Beautiful Country!", theocratic maps?

by VM44 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    When territorial boundary disputes and political rivalries are finally removed and conflicting national sovereignties no longer exist, a perfect map of the world may then be produced.
    The speaker at the assembly mentioned a couple of examples of how the Society maps are superior to "worldly' maps.

Now I must ask, is this new brochure "new light"?

Anyway, a worldly map and a spiritual map wouldn't make a whole helluva lot of difference if I'm taking a dump in the bush and I need something to wipe with.

• Mary
    Mary
    You know, Mary, I did a little research with my CD not expecting to find anything. The quote is totally genuine without any additions. Totally amazing, how egocentric the WTS is!

Oh my god...........I honestly thought you were saying that tongue-in-cheek...........so we now have "worldly maps" versus "truth maps". Are these worldly maps possessed by Satan and his demons? If we have a worldly map in our homes, will we levitate off the bed while our heads spin around? Is the first step towards apostacy having a worldly map in your homes????

Stay tuned next week for another adventure of As the Worldly Map Turns.............

• Valis
    Valis

When territorial boundary disputes and political rivalries are finally removed and conflicting national sovereignties no longer exist, a perfect map of the world may then be produced.

*LOL* That has to be the funniest thing I have read all day...and boy I bet NASA will be glad when Jebus gets here...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Valis
    Valis

Also, anybody got a scan of this brochure? It would be fun to photochop..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• heathen
    heathen

Gopher ------------ The dinosaur I think came from the WT belief that dinosaurs existed untill the flood of noah . I wasn't a dub and not sure if that was the official belief of the WT or some idiot who thought they were on to something that everbody else missed . Actually some creatures dated back to the dinosaur age still exist such as sharks and alligators . Let me know if you have any official WT literature that confirms my theory.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

RunningMan,

Right. Mother Tower has the audacity to berate the inferiority of "worldly" maps while constantly revising its own views in its own literature! And then they turn around and pretend they don't lie.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

One of the nastiest territorial boundary disputes I ever saw was two congregations squabbling over a couple of hundred yards of a street in the city centre.

Another fight happened when a brother and his family (six children) lived on the inter-congregational no-fly zone. They decided to go to the nearest kindumb hell,a mere 15 mins drive. But the elders in the other hall kicked up a fuss that they were in their terror tory and insisted they drive the best part of 45 mins to their hall. Arguments about young kids on midweek meetings, bedtime etc, fell on deaf ears. Being good j Witlessness they did what they were told was the right thing (not the best for their family) None of the kids are in now - probably saw through all that loving elders stuff for what it is.

As for the new map - all they have done is use the most up to date satellite mapping, and claimed the credit.

• acsot
    acsot
    If we have a worldly map in our homes, will we levitate off the bed while our heads spin around? Is the first step towards apostacy having a worldly map in your homes????

LOL!!!

I hope my house isn't floating around over the neighbourhood - I have a box full of National Geographic maps plus a brand-spanking new ATLAS - a whole dang book full of [worldly] maps - that much demonic-inspired literature is surely enough to levitate a building!

Acsot (of the I-am-so-glad-I-missed-my-first-district-assembly-and-never-plan-on-returning-to-one class)

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

OMG.....wordly maps???? What a bunch of idiots.....what's next? wordly street signs? wordly traffic signals?

They are soooo out of control... someone make them stop... im going to puke...

• seedy3
    seedy3

ROFL Blondie

Most JWs (and most people) in general couldn't find their own city on the map. I remember a test done in the last few years where college students in Miami were asked to find Florida on the map. It was embarrassing how many could not find it.

Show me a map of Guam I'll show you my house LOL, Now to find Guam on a map is pretty hard though, it's so small you need a magnifying glass to find the little speck

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit