Don't Take The Mickey..

by Englishman 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    And why do some people spell "favorite" and "color" with a "u"? "favourite" and "colour"... That's just wrong!

Hey Neighbour!

Don't labour the point, OK?

Englishman.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

"Irregardless" is another annoying word some people use. Just say "regardless"!

And some people seem to use apostrophes whenever pluralizing a word. "I have two dog's!"

Another annoying thing is when someone contracts "I have" when "have" is the primary (?) verb: "I've a cold!"

• Dansk
    Dansk

Another annoying thing is when people pick up on other's errors!

Dansk

• Englishman
    Englishman

..Just don't star me on Inflammable and Flammable.

Englishman.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Another annoying thing is when people pick up on other's errors!

Dansk

Very good point !! Some of us haven't had an English class in 50 years so it should come as no surprise if some of our spelling is a little off or our grammer leaves something to be desired. The purpose of language is to communicate, however, it probably doesn't hurt to have a grammer lesson now and then. Bug A preposition is a word one should never end a sentenace with. Hope I spelled the second word in the previous sentenace correctly.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Just don't star me on Inflammable and Flammable

Did you mean start me on inflammable and flammable, or is this some of that subtle British humor us Yanks seem to have so much trouble understanding ?? Also should the two words, inflammable and flammable, start with capitol letters in the middle of a sentenace??

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Sorry, I can't help myself........

It is GRAMMAR!

And CAPITAL letters.

• Gopher
    Gopher

My "GRAMMAR" is about 90 years old, and she makes some mean chocolate chip cookies!

My grammar can beat your grammar at checkers !!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I stand corrected, although I've never claimed to be perfect. Do you feel better now??? Bug

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Yeah, Bug, I do. I did not expect to participate in this thread without someone pulling me up about something. If it has to be being right, so be it.

Did you spot the deliberate mistake?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit