How to get rid of snoring?

by sunshineToo 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Any idea? My husband wakes me up about twice every night. I think he was tired whenever he snored. But I need to get some sleep, too.

What can we do besides using a pair of ear plugs, which makes me uncomfortable?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh geez, I wish iiz2cool was on here right now, but at this hour he is sleeping, soundly.

There's a device called (I think) a C-PAP.

It apparently works wonders and it works by utilizing a controlled air pressure (worn like a mask) that helps to keep the tongue positioned so as to not fall back on to the uvula and well...you know the rest...100 decibel sleep .

I will e-mail iiz2cool, and give him the link to this thread. He'll know exactly what it is, as he has one.

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it.

Aztec survived my snorring....don't know how...but I do believe I layed on my side, and that usually prevents snorring.

Snorring, can be irritating, and I know....yes...know only too well that I snore like a rocketship. No fun!

I'll contact iiz2cool for you, hopefully he'll post something here for you.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

well you see whatcha gotta do is elbow him in the ribs everytime he does that............... so when he wakes up to sore ribs say he hurt himself by snoreing to loudly

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

or go to bed first lol hahahaha so your asleep before he starts sawing logs with that chainsaw

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

You wait until you both are about to drift off into dreamland.
    Then you say in a hushed voice, "What was that noise outside?"
    While your mate comes to full alert, and listens intently for a repeat of the noise you can drift off into a peaceful slumber.

Note: This process can be repeated if your mate wakes you up with their snoring as it is hard to snore and listen for a mysterious noise coming from outside.

Goshawk of the first snorer asleep sleeps best class.

• Angharad
    Angharad

ssshhh no one tell Simon I said this but I totally sympathise with you Sunshine.

I tried earplugs but can still hear him .

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Try this: http://www.snorgon.com/

Snoring is the subject of many jokes, but it can be no laughing matter. Besides depriving the non-snoring bedmate of sleep, it can also be an indicator of sleep apnea and result in heart failure (a-fib or worse).

CPAP machines (in the US, at least) have to be prescribed by a doctor and usually that happens after a "sleep study" has been done in a hospital. The patient gets hooked up to about 25 electrical sensors and his/her physiology is monitored throughout the night. The first study determines if a CPAP is indicated, and a second study determines what the pressure setting needs to be to keep the airway open.

CPAP is a lifesaver, I suppose, but getting used to sleeping with a mask on has been described as a "pain in the face."

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hit them with a hammer until they stop. Tried and true.

ash

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sunshine.

Have hubby go to a doctor to get a referral to a sleep clinic. If he does have sleep apnea, he could be in a very dangerous situation.

The doctor at the sleep clinic, can prescribe the CPAP, and most private health plans cover most if not all the cost.

It seems there are quite a few posters here who use them.

Maybe minimus or JH will start a thread " Do you use a CPAP?"

• Celia
    Celia

Sleep in separate rooms...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit