How relieved are you now that your finally set free?

by micheal 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I was always just a marginal publisher, never pioneered, I hated field service. I would sometimes get panic attacks out in service, service was very hard for me, I'm a shy person by nature. Before leaving for good I suffered from mild depression that was caused from being a jw, leaving cleared that up. My self confidence at that time was at such a low point that I had trouble doing simple things. I felt like I was never good enough, I figured I would just die at Armageddon (along with my wordly family). So, when I found out the truth about the "truth" it was a relief.

Hapgood

• nita6368
    nita6368

I was just thinking about this the other day, I remember the first time I went to the kh, they were studying the Creation book at the bookstudy. Naturally the love bombing took place, but they were so fake almost like they had no emotions, the whole scene was kind of smothering (why on earth did I go back?).The other day I saw several witnesses at Walmart, a whole pack of them so to speak, and they still looked so unemotional, you know almost like they were afraid they were going to catch something being out among the world. You can see the cult when you leave it! Glad I am gone !!

• micheal
    micheal

HERE HERE!!!

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit
    you know almost like they were afraid they were going to catch something being out among the world. You can see the cult when you leave it! Glad I am gone !!

I know that look you are talking about. They just have this expression on thier face, especially when you see them away from the KH. I rarely ever noticed anyone really having a good belly laugh about anything. It's like constant "doom and the last days" on the brain. I enjoy just being alive and being able to have the freedom to choose where I go and who I REALLY want to hang out with. I don't know if it was just the particular Hall I went to but man there were some wierd people who attended the KH.

It's good to be free of having to put up with them just because they were JW's.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I have come to the conclusion that I will never be free. I have lived a life enslaved to wt teachings and warped thinking. That's not an easy thing to erase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit