How relieved are you now that your finally set free?

by micheal 14 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

I was thinking back to the time when I was in my "spiritual paradise" oh about 7 months ago and I can really remember just how unhappy most people really were. Most seemed so loaded down with "privledges" and "responsiblilities" that it just sucked the life out of them. Any spirit they may previously had had faded to mere a shell of their former selves.

You know my last year or so being there I never could agree with the wt when it said that our burdens and problems came from the world. No ALL of my burdens and problems came from within. It was finally acknowledging this that I fully realized God cannot be with these people. Whether I could never do enough, brother and sister stupid face, assignments, guilt, fear etc... It is no wonder that I and many many others had to go on anti depressants, not because of the world, but because of this self proclaimed "spiritual paradise" that I got sucked into.

Thank god I am forever free of that!!!

• shamus
    shamus

Ahmen to that!

I went into the "spiritual paradise" to find god, do what was right, and live a life that would bring honor to our creator. Instead, I became suicidal and negative; a full downward turn. I only felt better about myself when I gave up.

The truth: Yeah, right! There are a lot of people who do a lot of good out there. Jesus helped prostitutes and sinners; why can't the WTBTS? Because they are not god's people.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I not only feel relieved in my mind , but I feel almost free from the physical pain I was having. I was so sick the last two years I was a JW, I was always needing a shot of demerol for severe 3 day migraines, fibromyalgia, things that were stress related,,,,,,,,,I have always had these headaches,but they really got worse durning this time, and the muscle pain was like a migraine in my muscles, hard to explain, but very painful, the doctors actually thought I might be having some kind of rare migraine that was beign felt on the one side of my body that hurt. It always hurt on just one side, from head to toe.

I havent had that pain in quiet awhile, it does flare up from time to time, when I get stressed out , tired, or sometimes when the weather is bad,but nothing like it was before. I havent had a migraine shot in over a year. I still have the arthritis , that is always with me, but the terrible unexplained pain is so few and far between , it seems like a miracle.

I even get afraid to brag on how painfree I have been lately ,for fear it might come back.

I think that our subconscious mind tells us when something is just not right. I had so many issues , dealing with JW stuff and childhood things, my mom's death, so much I did not deal with , I just filed it away , making myself sicker and sicker.

Leaving the JW's was a very painful thing for me, it took me some time to get over losing my religion, my faith. I am working on my own new spirituality, and I am for once in my life at peace . I have been able to just lately , put some of the past , away and I am moving on with my life. I feel free.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    You know my last year or so being there I never could agree with the wt when it said that our burdens and problems came from the world. No ALL of my burdens and problems came from within. It was finally acknowledging this that I fully realized God cannot be with these people.

The final year or so that I was in, I came to the same conclusion. I used to beat myself up for not wanting to pioneer, for not pushing myself in field service, for not being as enthusiastic for the "truth" as I thought I was supposed to be.

Once I realised that these burdens were being put upon me by men, and not by God, I started to feel relief. As Jesus said, "The truth shall set you free." Knowing that these man-made rules were not obligations expected of me by God, helped me to be set free spiritually.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Michael,

Getting my family out of the Watchtower was my singular focus from about November 1991 until they were all out by August 1992. I would not have rested until they were all out. I was not going to allow my loved ones to be trapped no matter how long it took, and no matter what it took to help them out of the religion. I planned the work ...worked the plan ... and the plan worked. I have this posted this on Randy Watters Freeminds site under the tital, "How I helped my Family to Leave Jehovah's Witnesses."

Jim W.

• acsot
    acsot

It's been almost a year since I "saw the light" about the WTS, and I feel as though I can finally breathe. I tried so hard to be super-dub, pioneered, special pioneered, worried and fretted about others, and practically had a nervous breakdown in the process. And the never-ending guilt over not doing enough, even though the amount I was doing practically choked the life out of me.

I feel almost physically lighter, literally, like I no longer have to carry this ball and chain called Watchtower rules and regulations around with me.

Freedom is soooooo sweet!

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

It feels good to get up on a Sunday morning, pour a cup of coffee and sit on my glider swing in the back yard and just enjoy the outdoors without having to put on a dress and heels to go and sit for two boring hours and here the same ol' crap I had to listen to for 35 years. My social life is a little more boring I guess, because usually we would go out to lunch with "friends" afterwards, that stuff I do miss. I am relieved to be free from living my life under a microscope, but the shunning from family and friends never ceases to amaze me. I don't think I will ever get over that.

JR

• Undecided
    Undecided

When I left in 1973, it was because of all the duties I had been given. I was PO, Ministry School Servant, Cong.Book Study Conductor, WT Study Conducter, had parts on the Service Meeting each week, assigned to look after departments for the Circuit Assemblies, etc. I felt like if Armageddon did come in 1975, it was worth leaving for a year or two of freedom. I moved away to get away from my duties. I moved back within a year and didn't go back to meetings much for awhile and then faded away.

Good choice for me.

Ken P.

• heather_66350
    heather_66350

i can wait till i am able to get out from under my mothers roof. shes a nut. life here is way too stressful, and the day i can leave i will be a very happy person. now if only i could get there a little faster

• core
    core

"As the day dawns and 'the light of truth'recedes nothing feels better than putting more distance between myself and the org"

Initial guilt has moved on the deep satisafaction and pure joy at the release, the relief and the sheer refreshment mentally and emotionally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit