My Dissociation letter

by TJ Curioso 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• humbled
    humbled

Your letter was filled with two qualities the Organization made war on: individual responsibility and real love.

A beautiful letter.

I have no use for theology now. But individual responsibly and real love — teachings attributed to Jesus hold me together. Was he just a r&f Jewish Carpenter? I truly do not believe it matters.

l am glad that you measured out why you disassociated in your letter. I know it would have affected me even at the height of my JW attachment if l had read it.

Thanks for sharing it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think your letter was excellent well written from a christian viewpoint.Personally I have a problem with the name Jehovah in the Christian Greek Scriptures that you quote in your DA letter however.

I would have made the point that the Tetragrammaton or the equivalent Greek letters representing the Tetragrammaton / name of God does not appear in the Greek text that the WTB&TS use for their basis of the NWT of the Greek Scriptures .

See the Kingdom Interlinear Of The Christian Greek Scriptures a word for word translation of the Greek into English published by the WTB&TS .

That name Jehovah / Yahweh nor any other name for God does not exist in the Greek text.

None of the Bible writers of the Greek text use any name for God and even Jesus never used a personal name for God

Jesus never uttered the word / name Jehovah and he certainly had more than one opportunity to do so had he thought it was of any importance.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso
    smiddy3

I understand and accept your statement about the insertion of the divine name made by the Watchtower in the New Testament.

My purpose was not to address all the divergent points, but to focus on what seems to me from the most shocking and aberrant doctrinal point of view.

Although the insertion of the divine name into New Testament passages may be questioned, this in itself does not (from the Christian point of view) put the salvation of one concerned.

And that was exactly the point I wanted to show in speaking of Jesus' mediation. I used the New World Translation exactly so there was no basis to claim that I was not using arguments that they themselves might disagree with in citing another translation.

• TJ Curioso
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Desirous of Change

"WT is all about CONTROL"

Yes, it is also out of control, and losing control... thanks to the hard work of exJW who you fail to appreciate.

• LovingLifeNow
    LovingLifeNow

Wow, Most powerful and accurate letter I have ever seen. Great valid points. If one does not sit back and say "Hmmmmm" after reading that, then they are truly blind to this cult.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

If I read this as a still-in Witness, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

A "still-in" witness most likely wouldn't read it as they have been ordered by the G.O.D. not to read material like that. Just saying.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Carlos, is that you from JW Talk? I noticed Lisbon on your letter.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

JW Talk? Hummm... probably, but I don't remember what it is... lolol

• TJ Curioso

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit