My Dissociation letter

by TJ Curioso 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Hi to everyone!

I was summoned to the Judicial Committee and went.

It was a respectful conversation from one side to the other. In the end I handed the dissociation letter in hand and a binding to each of the elders, with an article I wrote on the subject, "Are Jehovah's Witnesses a Destructive Sect?" where I analyze from the scholarly point of view of psychology, psychiatry and sociology the phenomenon of destructive sects applied to the Watchtower organization.

You can read my dissociation letter here:

http://www.desperta.net/testemunhos/letter-of-dissociation-of-carlos-fernandes

I hope you enjoy it.

You can download my article here, but is all in portuguese:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/381c5r6zcqk951c/Ant%C3%B3nio+Madaleno+-+Seitas+Destrutivas.rar

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    That letter got better and better as I read through it. I couldn't look away from the screen, @TJ Curioso. Hope you don't mind, I forwarded it on to a few ex-JW friends. If I read this as a still-in Witness, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. Well done.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Well done, mate!

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

@TJCurioso I loved your letter. It practically had everything that should cause those men to question their faith. Unfortunately they most likely only read a few paragraphs before determining the information was from a disgruntled former member and stopped reading. They wouldn't want to go against the gbs (god's) instructions to poison their minds.

Excellent work!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(Bookmarking)

• Listener
    Listener

Thank you for sharing that. Who would have thought a disassociation letter could be so moving? You demonstrate that you have a real and deep appreciation of Christ.

Why is it that the so called Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have never been able to produce anything so meaningful? They've had opportunity after opportunity to do so. With a printing production worth millions, producing millions of publications, hundreds of video's and dozens of Broadcasts, nothing puts a match to your letter because of the real truth that it proclaims.

I'll go even further to say that I haven't read anything in one sitting that I've found so spiritually powerful other than Ray Franz's book.

Thank you again.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That is quite an impactful letter! Very powerful thoughts. Love the confidence quality to it, and the mention that you were and elder and also grew up in that organization.

They tend to dismiss people because they claim that people haven't been long enough or involved enough in that organization. They can't say that about you.

Thank you so much for sharing it.

• mann377
    mann377

Great letter!! I'm saving this one

• gone for good
    gone for good

What a superb document.

The loss of persons of such conviction and love will leave lasting voids - have you considered publishing this in your local press and addressed to your former congregation?

Those who must have loved you as a friend surely have the right to know your reasons.

A gracious and well researched condemnation of the actual damages wrought by such a deceitful, destructive cult - in an unsuspecting community.

Thanks to Eden One for translation... beautifully rendered.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Congratulations TJC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit