Did anyone put off having children because of wt bs?

by I Faded Twice 33 Replies latest social family

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Back in the 1940's and 50's the WTS. demeaned marriage, so having children went along with that .

The WTS wanted public literature distributors or pioneers and praised and glorified anyone who would put off marriage and children.

Call it man's quest for power as the past GB and Presidents of the WTS.

True

• Hecce
    Hecce

For people in special service, likes COs and Special Pioneers a pregnancy was a curse; in the majority of the cases it was not welcomed. In many instances once that the child was born that sentiment will be passed on to the baby and a lot of those children were raised like they were a major inconvenience.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    C & A Yes. I was 37 when I woke up. I try not to be bitter about it, but its effin HARD

I don’t know your circumstances, dear confused and angry, but just to say I didn’t have my beautiful twins until I was 39. My brother had his first child last year at 48 and he is so very happy, although it’s true his wife is 10 years younger they absolutely share all the care.

In my view older parents make more unselfish parents. I truly hope there is some chance for you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes the WTS fu..ed up a lot of people's lives, in more ways than one, but they did increase their literature distribution and coerced people into their mental slavery through its lies and deceptions.

Biblicaly or theologically they were "Commercialized" false Prophets, loyal to themselves not god or of his son.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Even though the publications did not condemn having kids, the unspoken (well, sometimes it WAS spoken) understanding was that if you were spiritually mature/strong as a couple, you would put the kingdom first and that meant holding off having kids until the new order. Several of my peers with whom I grew up refrained from having kids (I can think of four, off the top of my head) so they could "do more" in the ministry. They are all in their early to mid 50's now. I remember, too, sometime in the mid or late 80's, a talk at the district convention entitled "Responsible Childbearing in the Time of the End," that all but came out and said you are irresponsible to have kids now, given how "close" we were to the end. It was pretty adamant.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

you would put the kingdom first and that meant holding off having kids until the new order.

Exactly Cadellin

• TheHappyOne
    TheHappyOne

Grew up with that mind set. I wasn't supposed to go to junior high, much less to high school, let alone college - Armageddon was eminent.

Life was so horrible, boring, and hopeless, that I never wanted bring kids into my emptiness. But they definately encouraged everyone to wait for paradise 😒

I have a 16yo daughter - she's the best, and so glad she's not putting her life off for the apple pie in the sky paradise 😜

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Yes we did put it off.

Instead of having kids early on, we waited till...

We pioneered, build 20 kingdom halls, served where the need was great, helped a foreign language group, became an MS, then a well known and respected elder... (i.e wasted our fucking lives)

Then her bio clock really started ticking and we had our 1st in our late 30s.

SO GLAD WE DID!!!

BUT!!!!! Unlike most people, we will not enjoy our kids for 40 or 50 years, and Grandkids for 20 or 30 years.

No one thinks about that part. We have 2 amazing kids, but we will not experience their life the way say my mom has experienced her kids lives.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Three examples how the borg twist the thinking of their flock. (1) A few months after my parents were badtized my mom was expecting me. She would always tell me the story how shameful she felt being pregnant with me because the end was so close then one day out in field service with another sister they walked by a clothes line full of clean diapers. All this sister could say was "all this world can think of is sex, sex, sex". This sister soon had 4 children. (2) when my wife was first pregnant sisters would come up to her and say "woe to the pregnant women in the last days" (3) Ex circurit overseer would always complain about his wife getting pregnant, so they had to leave the circurit work. The bad thing was he let everyone know as a joke by calling their child circurit breaker. I knew their son as a adult and he was messed up. Very sad. This is how twisted the cult is. Still Totally ADD

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme
    All this sister could say was "all this world can think of is sex, sex, sex". This sister soon had 4 children.

That's because religion in general has demonized sex (always been a way to control people).

1st, all I thought of my whole live - even when I was an uber-elder, was SEX!

Saying "all the world can think of is sex" in a pejorative way, is Exactly like saying - all the world can think of is "eating" or "breathing" - ITS NATURAL, it's our hormones, it's the way we are made!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit