Did anyone put off having children because of wt bs?

by I Faded Twice 33 Replies latest social family

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Just curious if anyone put off having kids because the end was so close. Or because of you're "ministry" or lack of suitable mates.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I didn't, I had a life goal set in front of me as a JW, and it was this. Graduate from high school, and spend the next 5 years enjoying my single life. My goal was to get married after I graduated from high school to get married after 5 years. Then spend two years with my future husband, and then start a family. Which was what I did, and I'm glad I did because after I had my second child, I couldn't have anymore, so if I had waited, I would have missed out on the opportunity to ever have any children.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

There were other factors, ie: my niece being born with spinabifida and the fear of it happening to any child I might have, the ministry (pioneered a long time) and such. It certainly didn't help that God's anointed all but made it a taboo. Assholes.

• zeb
    zeb

I knew one couple who did and she went through emotional hell wanting a baby. I lost track of them.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

MeπŸ™‹πŸ»

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember an older Elder couple and his wife, his children would now be early and late 70's, but I remember him saying when they first got married they held off from having kids because of the Society. That is so, so said that many couple who desperately wanted kids thought they were doing what Jehovah wanted them to do when it was just 7 old guys in Brooklyn writing bogus rules after finishing a bottle of bourbon.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I know plenty that should of.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Sort of. I didn't meet my wife until we both were well past the bloom of youth. Me being busy as an elder, she being busy pioneering. We wish we had met 20 years earlier and had a family, but we did not. But the number of friends who kept saying "in the new world you can" didn't take the regret away.

• zeb
    zeb

I always believed the 'truth' would have been a very different fish if the elders and gb all had four kids a couple with one epileptic, another hyperactive, a third asthmatic and fourth handicapped. Nasty me? no just a theoretical desire to see those of the self righteous-class receive lessons in reality that prove the wt and its endless demands is bs and has no practical benefit in the real world.

But then i have read of so many kids whose life has been hell under such elders no it would be better if they never had kids.

QED

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Theres someone on this board who is utterly broken hearted because of it. Id leave it to them if they want to share.

Oh, and Ray and Cynthia Franz of course, sadly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit