by heather_66350 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

welcome to the board heather!!!

the most important thing in life is to do what you are happy to do, rather than pleasing other people all the time at the expense of yourself.

• smack
    smack

welcome Heather. Along the lines of xjw_b12, er, what '66 model with a 350 chev do you have?

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Welcome to the board Heather.

I'm sure someone here has gone through exactly what you are experiencing and can offer the support you need to make a clean break from the lie.

Thunder

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Welcome, Heather. I live in NC, too! Nice weekend, huh? (Finally!)

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the board, heather!

This board has been very important to me in affirming that I was right to leave the organization a little over 2 years ago. I hope it will help you prepare an exit strategy that will somehow let you salvage some sort of relationship with your mother once you leave home.

I'll look forward to reading you.

outnfree

<waving at ColdRedRain>

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hi Heather, Welcome!

ash

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Heather

Glad you found us. We are to support you when and if you need it.

xjw_b12

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Howdy heather! Welcome to the board.

I live in Pittsburgh...

CZAR

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hi Heather! I was very much in the same situation as you. I thought from the day I turned 18 I'd be able to stop going to meetings. Didn't quite happen that way. My mother was a baptized witness, and my father was studying. The farthest I got was "Unbaptized Publisher". On the last meeting I went to, I gave a talk in the Theocratic Ministry School. I didn't even plan on that being my last meeting. I was just never forced to go to one again. My dad quit studying and so did I.

I'm writing an autobiography which will be available for free downloading in the near future, and I give my experiences of this. Send me a PM if you wish to chat!

• Garnet
    Garnet

Hi Heather, Welcome to the board!

Garnet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit