WITNESS BUSINESS PARTNERS FROM HELL

by Mary 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

In fact, JWs mixing together in business are worse, far worse than the ordinary folks.

Michael Corelone was absolutely right "Friends and business, oil and water."

Simply put and absolutely correct.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Max sounds like my father-in-law boy could Thunder tell you all stories <sigh>

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I've heard stories about JW business partnerships, both good and bad. It seemed the bad relationships happened because these people were natural jerks and any business relationship would end badly. I have heard working with another JW, especially in a supervisory position, can send the subordinate JW's to a doctor for treatment of ulcers.

• Mary
    Mary
    I've heard stories about JW business partnerships, both good and bad.

Really? I have yet to hear ONE situation where it ever turned out good. I tried convincing Bill to take this bastard to court, but of course the elders told him he couldn't.

Actually I took a look at that scripture that they use about "letting yourself be defrauded" rather that sue a brother. If you look closely at the verses before this, it basically sounds to me as though you're not supposed to sue your brother on "trivial matters". Seeing as what appears to be happening to many cannot be classified as "trivial", but rather "major fraud", than this scripture, IMHO would not apply, and you should be free to sue their asses off.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Mary,

I am sorry about your situation. It seems the JW's only want to use the court system to further their profiteering...when it comes to personal issues, the "don't sue a brother" phrase always comes up. I think the Jehovah's Witnesses should also be known (among other things) as Jehovah's Wusses.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

As far as the "don't sue a brother" thing is concerned, what about child support issues? If a divorced couple are both active JW's, can one sue another for child support, alimony, etc? Just wondering what the "rule" is, because I know of a case of this happening.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yeah they sue each other over family all the time. And they sue doctors for refusiing to operate without blood. And they sue hospitals for forcing blood transfusions.

What they fear is witnesses suing each other. It's bad press.

They also tell the kids not to defend themselves against bullies - they create a culture of passivity, of helplessness. When someone defends themself without the benefit of the cult's intervention, there is a real danger of them starting to stand up for themselves in religious or philosophical ways.

CZAR

• hurt
    hurt
    They also tell the kids not to defend themselves against bullies - they create a culture of passivity, of helplessness. When someone defends themself without the benefit of the cult's intervention, there is a real danger of them starting to stand up for themselves in religious or philosophical ways.

Insightful!

• Mary
    Mary
    They also tell the kids not to defend themselves against bullies - they create a culture of passivity, of helplessness.

Yep, I remember one couple at the Hall who had their son AND their daughter in karate class. Naturally, they were very strongly criticised for this, because everyone knows that karate originated with Satan the Devil and the first thing they teach you in karate school is how to make your head spin around and vomit pea soup while levetating off the floor.............and we certainly wouldn't want our children to be able to defend themselves against say........pedophiles, now would we???

Thankfully, the parents told the elders to mind their own damn business and their kids both have I think brown belts in karate now.

You're right about the motivation........never thought of it like that before but ya, if you train children early on, not to stand up for themselves, then you are creating future victims either domestically or in some other form.

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

The unwritted rule from the elders down was....dont do business with brothers. "Oh, of course they are honest and upright but it just prevents problems and complications" they would say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit