Would you give up one year at the end of your life if you could relive any one day in the past?

by Esse quam videri 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

OUTLAW, I envy you.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

The question is, ' If you could relive any one day of your life...'

There could be a number of reasons. The foremost, at least for myself, would be to spend the day with loved ones that are no longer with me. Fathers, Mothers, brothers, sisters, friends that have passed away. Memory is one of our greatest treasures, but as we age it fades. If I could relive a happy day with my parents and three brothers when I was young, I would trade a year for it in a flash.

Note that I did not give the option of making any changes in your life, but to just relive a special day or a day with a special person[s]. Most people experience nostalgia to a degree, some so severely that it can be described as a sickness.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Yes. I would have kissed/made love to the love of my life regardless of impacts. One of the only regrets I have ever had.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

If we had a choice of which year we could lose, I might trade for a special day.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Motto of North Carolina - Like the question asks: If you could relive any one day of your life, any age, any place and remember everything about it afterwards, would you be willing to live one year shorter at the end of your life? One day for one year?

you'll have to bear with me. I'm not very good with the hypothetical.

I wouldn't trade a moment of my life for a memory. Memories get warped over time. I'd probably arrive back at where-ever and realise it was just another bland day and not at all how I remembered it.

• stillin
    stillin

I relive moments from the past all of the time! Some great ones, some not so great.

The past is history

Tomorrow's a mystery

Today is a gift

That's why they call it the present.

• sir82
    sir82

I would need a couple of clarifications before answering:

1) Do I simply relive the day exactly as it happened, or do I have knowledge, during the re-live, of what happens afterward and thus have the ability to change how that day goes? If I change things, does that have a ripple effect?

2) Do I know in advance my age at death? My answer might change if I know I'm going to live to 105 (my life from 104 to 105 probably wouldn't be all that pleasant) or if I'm going to die at 60.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Great question I would relive any day when I was 16, thus I could go back 20 years and live my life from that moment again, learn from my mistakes, never get baptised, not go down certain roads I did etc... then lose a year at the end of my life, I'll take that.

Or be given this question again and when I'm 70, go back to 16 again. Just keep doing it again and again.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh yes. Absolutely. And I'm not young. Again and again I have not listened to my inner voice. There are also people who have passed away I want to be with.

And a suicide I want to stop.

And then there are those beautiful, happy days, days where I was healthy young and happy, I want so much to feel the joy of running again. I also want to do all those things that require physical health that I did not experience, that I cannot now.

Yes I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

No. I can't say I have enjoyed any day enough to want to relive the experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit