Would you give up one year at the end of your life if you could relive any one day in the past?

by Esse quam videri 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• waton
    waton

when you are into your late eighties, someone guaranteeing you another year is great. who knows what great experience awaits you? You might become father again! or become a witness to the next greatest scientific feat !

You already lived that great day in the past, why trade it for the potential of 365, more?

• waton
    waton

A good threat. reminds you to try to live each day, so you would give up a year to make sure it was worth your, and the your's while.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Under the strictest confines of the question...HELL NO!

Remember it asked about "relive" one day. There was no stipulation that the one day could be changed in any way. Who knows what I may experience in that one year of life I traded away? Besides, everything I have done in my life makes me who I am today, and I am just fine with that person.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Who in their right mind would say no to this?

The question is not to give up this year. It's ANY year.

Doesn't matter who you are, most likely you will have a period towards the end of your life, when you will be sick, too old, too tired, stuck in a bed or similar. Of course anybody would immediately trade that year for another in their 20's or so.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No. No regrets. I am doing just fine overall.

DY

• Simon
    Simon

It depends whether you mean relive it exactly the same (what, like a passenger? recalling it in vivid 1:1 detail?)

Or is it "make different choices"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit