Crackdown on Inactive ones?

by ScoobySnax 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I know I'm probably a bit behind here, but I've just read from another site, that the WT has "ordered a crackdown (via the CO's to the local Elders) on Inactive ones........." Where's this info come from? and can someone explain exactly what this means?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi !

Check out this thread for more, the crackdown was ordered in the March KM 2003.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/53036/1.ashx

• JH
    JH
    the crackdown was ordered in the March KM 2003.

Wasn't that done from Jan2003 to March 2003. Why are they doing it again?

B*star*s

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Cheers Hamas Anyone have a scan of the KM March 2003? I have no problem with this supposed "crackdown" just guess I want to know where I'll stand. The Memorial was in April, and many approached me including the elders and the P.O but I never got a hint of this.......??? Just wondering

• Hamas
    Hamas

I had the scan but I managed to lose it somehow

Try asking Stephanus, don't suppose he would mind sending you the scans.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

ok will do that. Thanks

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Old news, and as far as I can tell very little happened.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Actually there has not been a crackdown. The effort albeit a shortlived one was to attract back those who have been on the outs for a while. No letters were sent by HQ advising any witch hunt. At this point anyway.

Regards

Jeremy

• AlanF
    AlanF

There has been no explicit crackdown. Explicitly, elders have received a directive to search out inactive ones to see if they will return to Mommy.

But elders have not received this directive in a vacuum. The Society knows perfectly well that many elders are hard-nosed, fanatical cultists and will take any sort of waffling on the part of an inactive one as a direct statement of disassociation. The Society is perfectly happy to have such people put on the "disassociated" list, since it gets them out of its hair.

In this -- and several elders have told me of their digust for the Society's cynical directive -- the Society is being extremely cynical and underhanded. So what else is new?

AlanF

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

How are inactives in the WTS's hair? Don't they all get to be counted when WTS does the numbers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit