getting round the territory slowly compared to before?

by Indoubtbigtime 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

From what I know most territory maps in most congregations are being done much much slower than before

My congregation is very very slow getting round the territory compared to before. Then pioneers will have hour requirement coming back in March but they are just not used to getting 3hrs a day 7 days a week.

many congregations used to get round all their territory every so often, now all congregations around North London where I am (yes I’m an MS involved with territory servants) are hardly getting around their territory at all.

of course letter writing was slow going but now back to first call hardly anyone is going out in person and those few that do don’t do that much.

even the elders who are supposed to take the lead don’t seem to come out much at all and when they do I know of more than one example of them only doing ten mins maybe a few houses then going for the obligatory coffee break

the co will have to ask why are you so slow getting round the territory compared to before?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Welcome, new poster! And, I’m sure you’re not imagining the decline. Hope you can leave soon! 👍🏻

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime
    Biahian hour ago

Welcome, new poster! And, I’m sure you’re not imagining the decline. Hope you can leave soon

-

thanks Biahi

I remember before COVID most judos did at least an hour and the pioneers were out a lot longer

now ten mins is a long time

After March I can see loads of pioneers struggling and the CO will look at congregations records and ask why are you getting round the maps so slowly

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

WTC painted itself into a corner with the relaxed hours. It got a lot of wannabes onto the pioneer list because it was a giveaway - and the R&F love giveaways. I wonder if it made "real" pioneers angry to see fake ones get the moniker without the sacrifice.

Already, lots of the Covid pioneers are throwing in the towel. They cannot get the hours required even if they come down to 30 hours a month. The fact is most who joined bought into the whisper that the end was about to explode upon the earth. Now that no end is in sight - why pioneer?

Even do-nothing Cart sitters look less than enthused when they actually get out with a cart (which has also declined where I live. I am betting that the genuine numbers are so bad that WTC cannot report them for fear it would look like pending collapse.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

My dad had a good saying about the way people were driving a vehicle that may fit the way territories are being covered now. "If they were going any SLOWER they would be backing up!"

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime
    FedUpJW7 hours ago

My dad had a good saying about the way people were driving a vehicle that may fit the way territories are being covered now. "If they were going any SLOWER they would be backing up

-

There has been some huge changes in Europe I’m here in the UK and before COVID the GDPR changed everything

we used to be taught to write everything down and take a long time all the details.

then the GDPR changed all that and we were not allowed to write down even not at homes

so now I think you are supposed to try to remember all the not at homes, how many can someone remember? Probably only a few which is why most only do ten mins before the coffee break

if only ten mins is done at a time and then they try to remember the not at homes next time it’s going to take a long time to finish the map😂

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Time is clearly showing to be the worst enemy of the Borg. Things like COVID and GDPR.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime
    Beth Sarim9 hours ago

Time is clearly showing to be the worst enemy of the Borg. Things like COVID and GDPR

—-

Time is the worst enemy you are right.

we are getting too far away from 1914. The older ones are very disillusioned in their 60s and 70s who remember the books “millions now living will never die”

as time goes on there will be a tipping point where rank and file will start talking about these things and many will fade

I think it’s important to have a good attitude.

I myself will find these next years very interesting. I’m staying PIMO because I find it so interesting front row seats watching the collapse of the Watchtower

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Yeah saw very little JWs out door2door before covid. Compared to 20 years ago. Last 5 years they mostly been sitting around cards playing with their phones 😁 What i have actually seen visiting different countries are Mormons. Been approach by them several times being out and about. They are like JWs used to be in the 80s. I guess bible was right Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred makes the heart sick
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    From what I know most territory maps in most congregations are being done much much slower than before

Blimey. they must be in slomo.

There was always the 'pioneer walk(tm)'. This meant you went slowly as it was. I'm going back to when I pie on eared back in the 80s here in the UK.

North London where I am

Make sure you don't get stabbed. Sadiq Khan, the crappiest Mayor London ever had, doesn't care about crime. He's a narcissistic swine of a poor excuse for a human. We can only wish calamity upon him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit