My fade. Phase 2.

by Beth Sarim 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thanks a lot for your thoughts friends. Very much appreciated!!!!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Can't you continue filling out a monthly report but fake the hours rather than completely stopping it? It'll buy you extra time - and honestly, who scrutinizes the hours you do report?

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77
    I'm curious about the James Penton books listed, could you point me in the direction of where you got them? Or did you find them at a library? I am only finding them as expensive out of print copies online, but I'd like to read them.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Steve;

I have been filling out service reports for years, knowing TTATT and being PIMO for years and years.

The cognitive dissonance is just too much to keep on doing that.

By quitting reports all together, I just feel like I'm overcoming another steep mental hurtle. It comes in steps, like the first time you don't hand in a service report for one month. It just is a step like the first time. It's just a hurtle you have to overcome mentally. Believe me, the guilt in not doing so just seems insurmountable. You just have to take an objective look at the Borg and it's abusive policies to help overcome the hurdles. Like the disfellowshipping. child abuse cover-ups and isolation policies.

Sometimes you just have to take objective perspectives on things to overcome 'mental blocks'.

By not turning in f.s. reports, I just feel like I'm being honest with myself. That in itself just feels right.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Dynamiterose77;

''I'm curious about the James Penton books listed, could you point me in the direction of where you got them? Or did you find them at a library? I am only finding them as expensive out of print copies online, but I'd like to read them.''

M. James Penton's' books are found on Amazon.com. At least that's where I found my 2 copies. I don't think you can find them at the library.

''Apocalypse Delayed'' by M. James Penton (3rd edition)

&

''Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich'' by M. James Penton.

Those were two fabulous reads. In Apocalypse, Dr. Penton reveals and acknowledges the money in the WT goes toward ''worldly companies''. And in Third Reich, Dr. Penton touches on the fact there have been doomsday religions over the centuries that have always exclaimed end time prophecies.

Yeah, so go on Amazon.com and do a search under M. James Penton books, something should come up. Hope this helps.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

In addition;

John Cedars did a youtube video with M. James Penton a few months ago. Dr. Penton did touch on the fact there is a new book of his on the horizon and he is co-writing with Rudd Perrson(sp).

Also there could be sequal to ''Crisis of Conscience'' in that of ''In Search of Christian Freedom''. The copyright owner of those 2 masterpieces, Deborah Dykstra acknowledges that she ''intends to republish all of'' Raymond Franz works. So, there could be a re-release of ''In Search of Christian Freedom' down the road. This can be found on commentarypress.com. This is Mrs. Dykstra's website.

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

Thank you, I finally managed to find Apocalypse Delayed for $18. Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich is only popping up as $80-90+ ... I'll track it down eventually.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I was an elder and Gilead stooge, so when I read CoC, I instantly recognized it as 100% true. That was the final nail in a mostly finished coffin.

Whatever game you play to fade and seem to stay in, play it well. You don't owe them a thing. And if by chance, the game is claiming too much of you, don't be afraid to consider just flat out resigning.

Your fade will ultimately depend on your local elders and local JW culture. Which does vary greatly. Otherwise, best of luck to you!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thanks for your thoughts Jeff.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

One of the best books I've read (and I've read quite a few) is The Watchtower Files by Duane Magnani and Arthur Barrett.

Other excellent books are those authored by Edmund Gruss.

Magnani wrote several that are now out of print and hard to find but man do they bare the WT naked. Just goes to show how far off we were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit