My fade. Phase 2.

by Beth Sarim 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

About to move from ''irregular'' status to ''inactive''.

After 6 months of not handing a field service report since the end of June, I will be recognized as ''inactive''. There could be 'questions' coming my way.

After having read ''Crisis of Conscience'' last spring, I could no longer ''actively'' preach or believe the WBTS conscientiously. I could no longer fake hours by putting the 'slip' in the field service box. Because I would feel like I would be lying, which is something I can't do conscientiously either.

Other wonderful books which I have read over the last few months;

''Captives of a Concept'' by Con Cameron.

"The Gentile Times Reconsidered'' by Carl Olaf Johnson.

"Freedom of Mind'' by Steven Hassan.

''Combating Cult Mind Control'' by Steven Hassan.

"Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich'' by James Penton.

and

''Apocalypse Delayed'', the 3rd edition by James Penton.

I realize 'questions' will be coming my way. It's just phase 2, of my ''fade''. Because they recognize ''inactive'' ones as disfellowshipped and have expanded the shunning.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Beth Sarim

I realize 'questions' will be coming my way. It's just phase 2, of my ''fade''. Because they recognize ''inactive'' ones as disfellowshipped and have expanded the shunning.

If and when they do question you, be as vague as possible and convey to them the idea that you are puzzled as to why they would be at all concerned about your spirituality. Neither confirm or deny anything they might have to say about you.

Be like the British royal family was way back in the day and who for the most part still seem to realize that when it comes to the public, fault will be found no matter what they say or do, so they generally offer no excuses, no explanations and no apologies.

No matter how loving and fair they appear to be, people are people and there's a certain pecking order or gang mentality that takes place as a result of the merest bit of perceived authority or advantage that they might seem to have over you, even with so called spiritual men. As soon as you start answering their questions, they'll feel empowered and will have the upper hand which could put you on the run so to speak. On the other hand, they won't know what to do with someone who doesn't play along with the game that they were prepared to play.

Get used to long pauses and quizzical looks from them. Don't be temped to rush in and fill the void with an excuse or an explanation regarding something that's your personal business.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thanks for some of your ideas. Appreciated.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Remember that we were in 2008 in the same scenario.

At the meeting part "The activity of the congregation" were the numbers are given, the "inactive: 2" score was a directed link to Gorby and his lovely wife. It was a painfull moment.

We then moved to an other city, and came definitly under the radar.

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

With a lot of us it was a slow gradual fade and even after I left 15-20 years later I thought bugger it I need to DF the organization from my life.And that`s when I sent in my DA letter to the last congregation I attended .

And I felt free .

Handle it in a way that makes you happy and remember what our friends say here

"they have no control over you unless you give it to them "

Take care

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I'm on my phase 1 fade soon to be phase 2 fade. The goon squad have already met with me over my less & less activity in field service & low meeting attendance. I don't answer any of their questions pertaining to congregational activity or lack thereof. I make it a point to simply come across to them as happy and content with life. I tell them I don't see what the big deal is and that I'll make sure to call them if & when I need them. Works for me!

It bugs the hale out of the goon squad that they have no control over me.👍

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I wish you the very best Beth Sarim.

My advice for you and anyone in a similar situation - don't answer any questions and say absolutely nothing about your awakening to any JW's.

Me and my better half have now completed the end-game of our fade, by ceasing our "cover" visits to the KH.

We have never had any attempts to interrogate us by the cult's hit-men. Regardless, they'd have hit the proverbial brick wall which was prepared for them - "We have private & personal issues to deal with which we can't even discuss with other members of our family. Thank you for your concern, and it's good to know that we can rely on your support should we need it in the future."

Repeat, repeat, repeat. They'll soon get the message that they're wasting their time even trying.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

''Combating Cult Mind Control'' by Steven Hassan.

Newbies -- if you have not read this book, buy it today! It shows WT to be the "poster child" of Cults (despite the fact that Hassan does not even mention JWs).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There could be 'questions' coming my way.

Rule #1: STFU

Rule #2: What didn't you understand about Rule #1?

You ARE NOT obligated to explain anything to the Nazi Elders (hit-men ~ Fall Guy calls them) when they call you. Do not waiver. Say nothing. "It's private."

Good luck!

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

I ‘faded’ over eighteen years ago and am glad. I view the JW religion like a job I gladly quit many years ago.

Congratulations on your fade!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit