Kingdom Halls sold.

by zeb 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I know of one near centraila washington up for sale or sold in the last couple of years.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Sounds like legal cost are mounting up with a lot going to outside firms, I would suppose all the appeal the WT is making in child molestation cases is costing them a pretty penny, not to mention settlements out of court to end the case with a gag order.

One can see why the WT corporation is trying to get rid of records as soon as any legal exploration say they can. They are going broke and I'm sure the word is starting to spread among the faithful JWs that the WT is in deep doo doo.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's funny.

Of all the things that could give the Tower real trouble, I don't think anyone in the XJW community ever considered "financial difficulties".

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Golden Valley, MN. Very distinctive building, somewhat of a local landmark.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/7o49tp/another_kingdom_hall_sold_golden_valley/

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Assembly Hall in Woodland Hills CA sold about 10 (??) years ago.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'm sure the cash from the sale of this

photo

will pay for a good few of these

Image result for african kingdom hall

• George One Time
    George One Time

The Netherlands: Vaals, Maastricht (one of the two)

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Why are they even having to think about selling kingdom halls off with them not printing 50 million magazines a month now

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Stan...

Yeah, that makes me laugh...

...reporting on "hundreds" of new KHs in Africa...

...the majority of which are little more than glorified gazebos or mud huts that cost about 50 bucks to build (at most).

EDIT: Credit where credit's due, though...

...the first pic is a gorgeous building.

Odd that they don't make the local Halls that pretty anymore.

• merryxmasheathens
    merryxmasheathens

Embelton Western Australia now owned by Hindu group

That makes two former KHs in 500m. They sold the previous hall to fund the building of the just-sold hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit