Kingdom Halls sold.

by zeb 39 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    the number of Jehovah's Witnesses was growing exponentially

If I had a nickel for every time I heard this, I could buy a Starbuck coffee.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes 'careful' you are right ...

NZ peak publishers 2016 14,242

NZ peak publishers 2017 14,150

But this example showing fewer peak publishers in 2017 than in 2016 for New Zealand is even worse when we look at the 2011 peak publishers from New Zealand (Drum roll, please!):

NZ peak publishers 2011: 14,507.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Wow..that's still a high dub to population ratio..about 1 to 260. What made the watchtower so popular over there ? Instant new world ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Maksutov beat me to it.

Clarence Road, Peterborough, UK - Now an Islamic centre of sorts.

Wellington Street, Peterborough, UK - Now a Pentecostal church

Hallfields Lane, Peterborough, UK - Now a Mosque

Whatever happened to dedicating them for pure worship? Obviously, the Jobo way is the wrong one.

Keylee - It must be disheartening for a devout JW to see their favourite place go up for sale.

Not to worry, they are building more Starbucks where I live, not selling them.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Stan: Wow..that's still a high dub to population ratio..about 1 to 260. What made the watchtower so popular over there ? Instant new world ?

Ratio for NZ is 1 to 330. Higher than most of Western European but lower than, for example, some Eastern European countries.

Compare that to the ratio in Australia, of 1 to 380. I am not sure of the reason for the difference, but it may be because Aust has had a higher immigration intake in recent decades. Another NZ stat is that there are only 75 publishers per congregation (compared to 84 in Aust, 83 in "Britain", 81 in Canada, etc).

• steve2
    steve2

The ratio of JWs to population in NZ is now higher than it was in the past. Growth of JWs is not keeping pace with population growth, including immigrants.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Kingston upon Thames, sold a few years back 2 congs used it and Richmond KH where those 2 congs had to move to!

• loneranger
    loneranger

One congo in this Hall...Caribbean Island...moving to consolidate with 3 others about 5 miles away.

• gerry
    gerry

I posted about this some time ago. Berkeley Kingdom Hall New South Wales Australia.

Sold for $2.6 million Australian dollars

Now a Mosque

https://m.realestate.com.au/sold/property-residential+land-nsw-berkeley-201496586

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Keylee - "It must be disheartening for a devout JW to see their favourite place go up for sale."

Yeah; not feelin' a whole lot of sympathy, there.

Sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit