Kingdom Halls sold.

by zeb 39 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It must be disheartening for a devout JW to see their favorite place go up for sale.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

yep--especially when they helped pay for it--and they end up with--nothing.

still--it must be of great comfort to them to know the money is being used to build more halls in nigeria.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Embleton - Western Australia

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

It is hilarious how GB say they don't need money as God is on their side. But when they have shortage of money it seems God doesn't support their ministry work. I am originally from Latvia and when I became a JW they were teaching that God is doing their work, not the money. But when in 2008 the global economic crises happened and people in Latvia couldn't donate as usual the GB decided that the ministry in Latvia is not important. They sold the Bethel building in the capital's centre. Got rid of the staff. Send a few brothers to Finland's Bethel to translate and make literature and opened a small office in Latvia with a few brothers. So from many people who worked for the Bethel only a few left. As well Latvia had nearly 100 missionaries and special pioneers all together. How I know not more than 10 left. So the BIG and IMPORTANT work that is directed by God fully depends on cash. The GB are a joke 🤣🤣

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't think anybody here has really tried crunching the numbers yet...

...but I'm pretty sure the number of KHs sold is gettin' a fair bit higher than the number of KHs built.

:smirk:

• gerry
  • careful
    careful

From the NZ news article posted above:

Elder Brooke Willoughby, who was overseeing the sale of the hall, said because the number of Jehovah's Witnesses was growing exponentially worldwide, the need for new halls kept growing.

Is he kidding himself, buying into the org's PR, or just playing along with the higher ups? Exponential growth worldwide? Maybe in some countries in Africa, but everywhere else it has flatlined or gone in reverse.

• freddo
    freddo

Yes 'careful' you are right ...

NZ peak publishers 2016 14,242

NZ peak publishers 2017 14,150

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing this.

• Splash
    Splash

What a turn of events!

It was only a few years ago that the elders read out a letter from the GB asking for monthly money pledges because "we need 10,000 new halls", or something similar.

That couldn't possibly have been a lie could it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit