Excellent Summation of Effects of London Protest

by berrygerry 20 Replies latest members campaign

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I say good on them. If I was local I would be there too. Damn the Watchtower.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A poster or 3 I would have put up if I was their :

1.Jehovah never shunned Satan

2.Jesus never shunned Satan

3. So why do JW`s shun former members even their own family ?

According to the JW`s interpretation of the Bible scriptures ,both Jehovah and Jesus on many occasions interacted with Satan in both heaven and on earth up until 1914-18-19 .

In JW language thats well over 6 thousand years of fraternizing with the enemy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ah ha I was going to post this!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Morph your penchant for lost causes in the face of the evidence is... tenacious.

https://youtu.be/Jhp39o48dMw

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the number of protestors there will probably impress JWs. Back when the Evangelicals apostates used to protest it was only a handful of people with Jesus signs. This is a different kettle of fish.

If it gets repeated in coming years the number of protestors will no doubt increase as the JWs decrease.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Morph your penchant for lost causes in the face of the evidence is... tenacious.

Lol as usual slim one, you have the analogy a bit twisted. You are Don Quixote tilting at windmills. But have fun and tell spin your elaborate yarns. I enjoy a good tale but i dont expect han solo to pull up in the starship enterprise and take me to mordor anytime soon either :)

• Exelder
    Exelder

A poster or 3 I would have put up if I was their :

1.Jehovah never shunned Satan

2.Jesus never shunned Satan

3. So why do JW`s shun former members even their own family ?

According to the JW`s interpretation of the Bible scriptures ,both Jehovah and Jesus on many occasions interacted with Satan in both heaven and on earth up until 1914-18-19 .

In JW language thats well over 6 thousand years of fraternizing with the enemy.

I don't think that message or argument would have impact on Witnesses at all, especially because they would say that Jesus went to war with Satan and his demons and threw them out of heaven.

THEN he is going to banish him into an abyss for 1000 years.

THEN he is going to eventually kill him forever.

Apart from the flaws in the reasoning we don't want to be giving the JW's any ideas for taking even more horrible action agains ex JW's lol

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the best is simply the quote from the 2009 Awake! “No one should be made to choose between his beliefs and his family”.

Simple, to the point, and pretty unarguable. I’d be curious what the response would be.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks OrphanCrow - I hadn't seen this and now shall view it.

On the more predictable exchange between Morpheus and Slim, oftentimes the public act of "protesting" can be personally cathartic and a healthy example of leaning into one's fears. Anything else is a bonus. I understand that the sites mentioned on the placards had a spike in visits over the days following the protests.

To stand silently with placards is way more preferable and dignified than these diabolical kingdom-hall and/or cart crashes self-embarrassingly captured on youtube.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

I wish I could be there. Sounds amazing! Too bad it's a few thousand miles from the Pacific Northwest lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit