I need help pleez!!!!!!

by foxy lady 16 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

You know that by now anything interesting in your records will have been destroyed. esp Anything you could use in court against them. I think asking for the money just buys them time and is perhaps a bit of spite.

Whats the bet that by the time you get your data all you get is your publisher record cards. The elders are even instructed to destroy records (If possible) when faced with a search warrant from the police - So why would you be any diferent?

• sandy
    sandy
    If they charge you, just bust in there and kick their ass, and take the damn files !

You have made the right decision escaping the watchtower.

Oh my God, that would be so funny to see. If you decide to do this make sure you videotape it for us. LOL

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

A suggestion - contact Mattnoel - he has been through all of this - and he knows all the legal jargon.

Tell him Mrs Nightwarrior sent you!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Hi John, I think the £10 is a standard charge. It covers the photocopying and admin expense of the whole thing.

I have to agree with Uzzah. As stated all labor is free in copying the record itself. The only expense the society has is that of paper and ink. I can't imagine that this would total more then 1 US dollar. Why so high? Why not if they must charge you after you as a publisher made them thousands and gave just as much if not more in donations and even more in time in service, over charge you for your records of your volunteer work?

This is simply unacceptable IMO.

Cassi

• Latte
    Latte
    John aka uncle onion but I forgot my pass word and so am using my missus handle!!!!

Dohh!..... John I was really looking forward to a post from your other lovely half! lol

Lisa...you really must post...we could have some fun! lol Sorry that you couldn't make it for the party, hopefully next time eh??

Good luck with your elders notes!!

(hmmmm......I wonder what they have on me!?!?! )

• foxy lady
    foxy lady

well here is the latest!

I phoned the data protection act and they stated that the charge is justified. However I told them that I never signed a declaration to allow them to keep records on me. He asked me did they state to me what the records are to be used for to which I said no.he said this was a breach. I also said that the likely hood of me seeing all they had on me was very unlikey, which he said is illegal. He said they could be in breach of the act and is sending me the forms to fill in. Is there any XJW elders here from the uk that has any proof that the WTS has given instructions to destroy documents?

JOHN

• Gadget
    Gadget
    The elders are even instructed to destroy records (If possible) when faced with a search warrant from the police

Has anybody got a reference for this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit