Going "Hollywood" not helping!

by eyeuse2badub 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Those videos will be their downfall- that bunker video was just nuts! I mean it seriously looked like the beginning of an SNL skit. Reminded me of those modern day dramas in the 80's. They were so "out there".

I say keep 'em coming and people will start waking up real fast.

• steve2
    steve2

I say keep 'em coming and people will start waking up real fast.

I'd say many JWs are at greater risk of falling into deeper sleep watching them than in waking up.

Either way, this organization is well and truly past its heyday.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Going "Hollywood" not helping! - especially considering Stephen Lett has a face made for radio, not television.
  • Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Chook That's how I woke up. Up until Remain Loyal to Stupidity, I was a model Witness. I sat through those videos (bunker series, etc) and was never the same. I was in disbelief at the sh*t I was seeing and had a nervous breakdown AT THE ASSEMBLY HALL. I was inconsolable and everyone told me I was "crazy" for reacting that way, that the videos were "spiritual food at the proper time" because we're on the cusp of Armageddon and need all the instructions we can get! So I tried to re-watch the videos online later that night to try and understand the "message behind them", as advised by so many enthralled Witnesses who were in attendance at the convention. I stumbled across The Worst Convention Ever series on Youtube.

The rest is history.

C'es la vie, WT crackpots!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Wake Me, we're glad you woke up and we're happy to have you here!

Doc

• jp1692
    jp1692

@Wake Me Up, what was it about the "bunker series" videos that affected you so much? Do you know or was it just a deep emotional reaction? Sometimes, especially when we are in the early stages of losing our religion, we can't always clearly articulate why we feel the way we do.

JP

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Only an hour ago my brother informed me that he's left the witnesses and that "they're making all these weird videos now". (Full threat here: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5689787677671424/my-younger-brother-has-left-witnesses-d)

Well done Watchtower, keep doing what you're doing. You're hemorrhaging members at an unprecedented rate.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Outlaw

It`s already happening at WBT$/JW Assemblies...

JW.Org Flags flying at the 2015 Regional Convention in Fribourg, Switzerland

Thanks for the heads up about the JW.Org flags at some of the conventions! Wow, I was just being facetious and didn't know that it was already happening. Maybe the wtbts will start having a flag raising ceremony and a pledge of loyalty immediately following the opening prayer at their conventions. Such crazy sh*t from the 7 brothers of Christ isn't that far fetched anymore. Can't wait till they install the flag poles at the kh's.

just saying!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

John Davis

Are you using baptism at one convention as your quantitative evidence for the fact that it does not work or is you using some other evidence?

I'm not using just one qualifier, (less baptisms) to support the waning support for the "new and improved" Hollywood version of the wtbts. Take a look at most kh's and the attendance is down significantly during the mid week especially. No one really wants to 'go out in service' any more. Weekend meetings are still somewhat supported unless, or course, something else more interesting is available. Dumbing down the literature both in quantity and quality of the message. Standing there like a 'wooden Indian' beside those ridiculous carts is what everyone around here wants to do. Baptism decline is just one of many of "the signs of the end" of their system of things, IMHO.

just saying!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Wake Me Up"..... your comments about the video would go down well in this locality.

My family are still committed ( with metaphorical blinkers) but they despise the current dumb and dumber message. I listen to these faithful sisters of 50-60 years dedicated service as they complain bitterly about the childish videos , the lack of decent writing in the articles etc etc .

They are loyal to what they once knew, sadly it no longer exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit