Do Jehovah's Witnesses dedicate themselves to an organization or not? Which one is it?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Of course the real answer is that they dedicate themselves to the organization because the organization is a real entity. The other option is just not real!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• truthlover
    truthlover

Back in the day - 70's - when we were asked the questions -- there was no leaving out of the holy spirit as Matthew wants-- baptize in the name of the father, son and holy spirit. - Today that is out and the org is in, your life is dedicated to the GB and the org-- Jesus is placed in the third position after the GB and that is so wrong.... so I ask myself often, what did I do? When I "joined" the truth was different, it has substantially morphed into something grotesque........

What I knew then is not what I See and hear now and it deeply disturbs me .......

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is interesting to see the changes in the Questions over the years, these reflect the change in the Org, I think.

1963 The first question is: Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

The second question is: On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

1970 Two questions which do search out the heart and mind of each candidate are: (1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God’s Word as his holy spirit makes it plain?

1985 On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Old Timers dedicated themselves to God, unreservedly

Mid Timers dedicated themselves to God ,appreciating the assistance of "The Organization"

Recent candidates for baptism would not know the difference

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When a M.S came to visit me just after I stopped going to Meetings, to "encourage" me, after a discussion on the reasons why I had stopped, he told me I had "Gone back on my Baptism vows".

I hit him with the fact that being Baptised in 1962 I had never vowed anything to an Organization, he was unable to answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit