Do Jehovah's Witnesses dedicate themselves to an organization or not? Which one is it?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Anyone that is/was a dedicated Jehovah's Witness knows that the worship of the ''faithful and discreet slave'' is the only relationship we know.I don't remember having a personal relationship with Jehovah without the Governing Body being in the way.They make all the rules on every matter.Anyone who thinks that Jehovah has any control on your daily matters is a fool.Jehovah's Witnesses only answer to an ORGANIZATION!

"We do not dedicate ourselves to a religion, nor to a man, nor to an organization. No, we dedicate ourselves to the Supreme Sovereign of the Universe, our Creator, Jehovah God himself. This makes dedication a very personal relationship between us and Jehovah." Watchtower 1966 Oct 1 pp.603-604

Baptismal questions from the Watchtower 1985 Jun 1 p.30:

(1) On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    clearly that watchtower has some old light left in it.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    The organizational part was thrown in to deal with massive lawsuits.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

You get the real truth of the total control of the WTBTS reviewing the

THE SCOTTISH TRIAL - 1954

http://www.caic.org.au/jws/control/trial-1.htm

Attorney's tear into Hayden Covington and Freddy Franz ........They made fools of themselves.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its obvious that people who are wanting to be a JWS are making a dedicated solemn vow to the organization, the Watchtower Corporation.

Its done so discreetly though with a pervasive deceiving spin.

Somehow Jesus Christ gets left out as being solemnly subservient to him .

I thought Jesus said that the only way to reach God ( Jehovah) was through him.

I guess the WTS leaders don't see it that way !

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Nope, salvation can only be had by association with the WT "organization". Its all right there in the NWT of the Bible.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I understand that the 1985 teaching changed ''dedication''. It was the 1985 teaching that implied that ''Christian Baptism'' is dedication to the Organization.
  • prologos
    prologos
    The "spirit-directed organisation" is thrown in to comply with "jesus' " instruction that the Father, Son and Spirit have to be mouthed. In addition, the candidate recognises the organisation to deal with him/her as it pleases. The candidates feels to, that big brother and his father are watching every one of their moves and the spirit will alert the Elders' org to swoop down.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Does it really matter?

I dedicated myself to Jehovah, tried to follow Jesus, and trusted JW GB for being Jesus" brothers giving me spiritual food at the right time.

Now I know Jehovah does not exist, Jesus is dead (if he ever really existed), and JW GB are dishonest liars repeating themselves ad nauseam.

My dedication 'contract' cannot possibly be binding, because all the other relevant parties in the agreement (Jhwh,JC) do not exist, and the party that assisted in setting up the contract (JWorg) is a fraud.

So even if a baptism question was 'do you swear you will sacrifice your firstborn to Satan'....I wouldn't care anymore :-D

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    You Dedicate yourselves to Jah but we enforce it on His behalf !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit