How do you want to 'go'?

by dmouse 34 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Of course, nobody really wants to die, but if you had a choice about how...how would you like to go?

Some people I know would like to pop their clogs after a game of golf, some in the pub with friends.

Personally, I want to be shot in bed by a jealous husband when I'm 96.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Bullet in the back of my head would do fine.

Hey dmouse , ever heard of the Aylestone Congregation ?!?!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I think everyone's thought about that one. I have thought about it recently, since my grandmother passed in May. Going in one's sleep is always the best. Or a massive heart attack.

If I could choose, I'd be listening to Harry Connick Jr. (of course he'd have to be there, and not on tape.)

• happyout
    happyout

I definitely want to go in my sleep, preferably when I'm old and ready. Just please don't let it be a protracted painful illness, that would wipe out any financial savings I want to leave my son.

Happyout

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Hey dmouse , ever heard of the Aylestone Congregation ?!?!

Yep, think I actually visited it once. My congregation was Leicester Forest East.

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Bullet in the back of my head would do fine

I don't know why, but that brings to mind the demise of Winston Smith in 1984:

He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and an armed guard at his back. The long-hoped-for bullet was entering his brain. ...But it was alright, everything was alright, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

• onacruse
    onacruse

With a smile on my face.

Craig

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

My mom's doctor wanted to be shot by a jealous husband.

Jack Benny said: "If I can't take it with me, I'm not going."

I, personally, would like to live a very long time and die in my sleep.

Nina

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I dont know how I would go, but many years ago I worked in a aircraft factory. I used to go bowling with the guys one night a week. The elders never knew since it was 1 to 3 am on a Thursday night. But on with the story.....one guy was a fantastic bowler. His average was only what someone would dream to attain. One night we bowled against his team. It was his turn to bowl. He got up.....rolled the ball....crack...it was a strike. He turned around....took one step...fell flat on his face...died of a massive heart attack. I guess that would be the ideal way for a bowler to die. If it were me...I would have tripped on the way to the red line...the ball would have fallen in the gutter...everyone would laugh thinking I did it on purpose...then after a few minutes the would realize something was wrong.

• petespal2002

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit