Annual Meeting

by Lynnie 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

My uber cousin and wife are going back to Wallkill this weekend for the annual meeting since they have a daughter and son in law in the inner sanctum so they are always invited. Cousin said it was going to be broadcast from Patterson to Wallkill. Anyone hear anything else about subject matter etc?

• millie210
    millie210

I forgot it was that time of year!

Check your socks everyone!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Gorby will keep quiet this year without any hoax that afterwards seemed true (King of the North 2018).

G.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Whatever happened with WT televising the AM proceedings to certain locations and inviting only a select few to attend?

I recall my R&F relations that were invited 3 or 4 years ago, seemed to consider themselves superior over those who were not favoured with an invite.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Oh yes that's my cousin and his wife for sure! Soooo important and their daughter and son in law get to travel all over supervising building projects and stuff like that from the inner circle. Mostly in Africa but they haven't been there lately. I saw them briefly last weekend at a non witness family event and said they weren't traveling as much which made me wonder too.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Whatever happened with WT televising the AM proceedings to certain locations and inviting only a select few to attend?

They only do that for "special" ones. So far: The release of the revised Bible, and the dedication of Warwick, combined with the annual meeting. But they do still stream it to the other English speaking Bethels.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Weird - The usually have the Annual meeting the first October weekend of the year. I guess things are advancing very fast towards Armageddon...

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Weird - The usually have the Annual meeting the first October weekend of the year

Very unusual, as said, normally the first Saturday in October. What are they up to? Hopefully Lynnie you will be able to keep us posted.

George

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Maybe the op got the weekend wrong

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe there will be a "clarification" on the people who died at Sodom and Gomorrah ... lol.

But I did hear from one of my Bethel contacts that the word up there is that new publications will be released during the annual meeting instead of the regional conventions.

Apparently, this is to reduce costs since now you can just release a new hard copy of a book to several thousand attendees and tell the minions that there is a loving provision to request it later or preferably just download it later.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit