I have a deep seated hatred for the leadership of the JW Cult

by mrquik 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Some of the comments above brought to my mind of a JW family we know. Dad an engineer who always had high paying career. Kids all "star pioneered". Home schooled. No education. Sons worked at Bethel for a few years. No marketable skills. Dad, now in his 70s, is still assisting some of them. What happens to them when he dies? I don't think there is enough in the estate to support them indefinitely. Of course, maybe there are enough assets to last up until "The New World"(™) is here?

And this is what I see repeated a lot now with the born-in JW's. Live at home with Mom & Dad's support and pioneer. That makes the elder dad look good to the CO. The kids have a cushy life. But they are too short sighted (based on false promises) to see that it's all going to collapse on them.

L E F T, PhD ⚫️ on Twitter: "Your house of cards is falling down...… "

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

LHG, I definitely agree with you that there was a double standard for women vs. men about working. Quite a sexist religion right down to its core.

I also feel that each congregation has its own standards and culture. My congregation was not particularly pioneer oriented. There was exactly one younger pioneer ( of course female ) who worked part time as a waitress. And one very old pioneer who never met with the group and worked on her own for all of her 100 hours per month. Weird.

The rest were just not extraordinarily zealous, not that they didn't believe sincerely, but every single elder held a full time job and no one pressured young people to pioneer when they left school. Many young wives worked full time and there was no particular stigma. The stigma in that congregation was about having kids, not seen as smart to do so very close to the end. In other ways the congregation was very conservative, though, and not fun to grow up in.

And then there was one congregation over that had half the congregation pioneering it seemed. And more than a dozen elders. And, yet they were more liberal. People often moved there deliberately.

It's amazing how different the congregation cultures could be.

Also, I'm sorry you went through that. Chained to a religion yet marginalized.

• Overrated
    Overrated

My dad was very handy at repairing cars. Some "pioneers" would come to me and my Dad to repair their vehicles at greatly reduced cost. ( the Org is cheap, so are pioneers) many times we could not repair their cheap bargain ride. But yet they where able to take expansive vacations and live and the best areas of town. I was frown upon for wanting to go to college. Go figure?

• GregW
    GregW

I can see why there is deep seated hatred for the top leaders of the Watchtower Corporation for they were unquestionably corrupt lying religoius charlatans, who set doctrines manifested controlling manipulation over people which resulted in damaging so many people's lives.

One might say they advocated their own personal freedom of speech and religoius self expression offered by the United States government, that's why many have said there is too much open freedom in the US, which opens up the possibility to forwarding damage and regret.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There was a nice couple in Texas who used to do youtube videos. I don't know if you guys remember them but their channel was Emblems4life. They hit all these points right on the head.

I haven't seen them upload a video in well over a year now. They seemed quite cordial & informative.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GREATTEACHER:

Well, I’m certainly not ‘chained’ now and I’m glad I was raised Catholic and had a normal childhood and heeded my father’s ‘worldly’ wisdom.

Yeah, I know different congregations may have differed slightly but overall - the hypocrisy stinks to high heaven with these people. They thought single women were going to be targeted to do favors. But, they got nowhere with me.

At some point, some younger wives got jobs and then it was OKAY!! But, it sure wasn’t if I did it...Also, ALL the older JWs that I knew without exception had been in the workforce when they were younger and were getting their pensions!

Don’t ask where the trend came about pursuing poverty. But, the poverty being pushed wasn’t for THEM - just some other fool....A lot of the people who criticized me went to their graves after living a cushy life.

Looking back in retrospect I’m delighted I never listened to the foolish talk by older ones and even my own age peer group. These people wouldn’t be supporting me in Retirement now, that’s for sure. In fact, some of the younger couples may have gotten smart over the years and one partner got a job in an office because they needed medical benefits. Good for those who did because they were probably able to Retire!

One thing’s for certain: I’m glad I’m not there now because anybody who came up to me with an envelope asking for money for people who never wanted to work would be told off.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I could not afford to be a Jw. I was not going to be a self Righteous ass that thought I was better then everyone because I Pioneered. These people are crazy from the top down. How could I have been sucked into this crap. Glad I'm out.

• just fine
    just fine

I’ve been out for more than 20 years now. As I head into my fifties the Watchtower organization has zero influence.

I hold my family firmly responsible for their own actions. They choose to listen to nonsense spewed by idiots. They choose to shun their children/grandchildren. They choose to do the hateful awful things they do. No one is making them do any of it, they choose it, and could choose differently if they wanted to.

• Sherman
    Sherman

In retrospect, lying corrupt religoius charlatans are just that.

In the end the WTS/JWS was a bad example of true Christianity

Follow false prophet apostates and what do you get ?

Remorse mostly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit