I have a deep seated hatred for the leadership of the JW Cult

by mrquik 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've experienced those same feelings of anger. Fortunately, I think I am past most of it. I also was angry at myself for being so gullible for so long. WHY WHY WHY was the 1975 debacle not enough to convince me (all of us?) that this was all man-made delusional bullshit?

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• just fine
    just fine

DOC - that was me too - I was mad at myself for believing and trying to believe for so long.

I left in my 20’s and was able to recover, go to College, have a career, plan a retirement.

I lost my family in the process, but it made me stronger. I knew early on that I could only depend on myself and I needed to do whatever I had to do to succeed because there was no safety net.

I hate that my family believes this nonsense and continues to let other people control them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I left in my 20’s and was able to recover, go to College, have a career, plan a retirement. ~ Just Fine

Gotta say I'm jealous or envious of people like you who woke up soon enough that they still had most of their life ahead of them. And I'm very happy to read of quite a few experience here of those who are still only in their 20s or 30s who have left the Cult or looking for assistance on how to do that.

I was over 50, though I admit I to doubts long before fully awakening and fading which is why I guess I was still fairly intent on accumulating some assets although nothing like if I'd have take advantage of all "the world" has to offer. I missed out on college (it was that May 22, 1969 Awake! ragazine) so I was determined that my kids would not miss college (If Armageddon didn't come by that time -- and it did not) and they would be able to pursue a career vs. a job that just provided "sustenance and covering". All are doing good. I think they all woke up to the Cult long before I fully did.

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''i think a lot of the responsibility lies with--our parents. they chose to join it--were we given that option ?''

Um. NO. & it's the born-ins who suffer as a byproduct.

From birth young, impressionable minds are manipulated and young minds tend to accept what they see by example.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Damn, I feel your pain and anger. I'm a little younger than you, but I have friends my age (60ish) who have been retired with good pensions since their mid-50's. I, like you, don't have one. I have the same deep-seated hatred for the leadership that you do.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The GB know exactly what they are doing by brainwashing people. NO doubt they should be accountable for their actions. Including their helpers.

There is NO possible way the GB and their helpers do NOT know what they're doing. Their climb to the '''top'' is through the service committee where they see all the hidden agendas, concerns and cover-ups.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It really is the internet that has saved a lot of young people. I complain about technology all the time, but, dang, all the information available now that wasn't available 30 years ago is just amazing.

However, I did manage to get out without it 30 years ago. The religion just didn't pass the sniff test even if I couldn't put my finger on it. I was POMI for a few years, then the 1995 generation change absolutely sealed it for me.

I had actually predicted the generation change when I saw the 80 year generation limit since 1914 looming. And those bastards did it. I think quite a few people got the hint then and left.

Mrquik, I have to say that maybe it also depends on the congregation you are involved in, too?

My dad is your age, was an elder, always held a full time job, invested and left work at 58 with a pension. Others did, too.

Maybe the difference was that he came in as an adult in 1974?

Anyhow, I love your avatar photo because I see you're by the water and look like you're happy. The water is my happy place, too. We all deserve one happy place where our troubles seem a little farther away.

• Overrated
    Overrated

My family insist that I "Return to Gee-hober ". What for more empty promises and serving a self serving cult. I have the best life, not trapped in a cult.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GREATTEACHER:

Interesting you say your dad was an elder who ‘always’ held a full time job - and was able to retire at 58 with a pension.

I also had a full time job but treated like shit in the congregation because of it..I guess because I’m a woman, right?..(Double standard).. These covetous idiots (who were apparently bothered by the existence of an independent woman with self-respect - who minded her own business)..thought they were going to get ME to quit my full time job to pursue poverty and pioneer - and do favors for Users to boot. I refused of course and let their garbage go in one ear and out the other! I wouldn’t be Retired today if I had listened.

I’m not the envious type and never resented anybody who was affluent, rich, dripping with diamonds, comfortably well-off or whatever. If they were able to retire early - fabulous. But, what I DID and do mind are older hypocrites who already had a job/pension under their belt who attempted to interfere in my life as a young person. Luckily, I never listened!..Maybe because I wasn’t born in.

There is absolutely No forgiveness in my book for what I experienced in the JW religion and this is mostly why I got the hell out.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Really, with it's dishonesty ingrained in it's doctrine, it seems like the JW leadership has a deep seated hatred for it's own flock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit