Foreign holidays now expicitly forbidden too

by George One Time 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• George One Time
    George One Time

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jw-celebrate-holidays/

Mostly we read about the regular holidays in the western world. Now the other ones are also named, because some witnesses could be in doubt .

I'm interested about the pinanta festival in Mexico though. Are witnesses participating in it?

• LOLS
    LOLS

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses tell others not to celebrate certain holidays?

No. They believe that each person must make his own decision. (Joshua 24:15) Jehovah’s Witnesses “honor men of all sorts,” regardless of their religious beliefs.​—1 Peter 2:​17.

I call Bullshit ..... my JW husband is always pushing his Ideas & beliefs on me & everyone that he thinks needs to hear about it ......

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I read your title and thought what no going abroad for holidays now?!

Lol

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Amelia I thought exactly the same thing!

I read your link, they say if it's not a religious festival everyone must make up his mind according to their own conscience. Then they list a scripture that criticises every form of special day whether it celebrates a country, a person, a flag, the moon, whatever. Basically don't celebrate anything. Conscience! They're not allowed a conscience, just follow the GBs rules.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Amelia, I did too but we have to remember to translate American English into British English i.e. the American for our 'holiday' would have been 'vacation'.

Quite right Xanthippe what the WT calls "a Bible trained conscience" is actually the rules of the GB, no freedom of thought is permitted. Dire cult!

• George One Time
    George One Time

Oops, my mistake. I'm dutch, and did not pay enough attention at school during the english lessons

• zeb
    zeb

There is a festival/party held in Mexico for girls when they turn 15. The jw there take part while the wt looks the other way.

• menrov
    menrov

Amazing, almost nothing left to celebrate. What is missing are wedding anniversaries. It is about honoring the couple and partners honoring each other. Or 100 years of an invisible kingdom.

I am happy with this large list as it will wake up more people. Like I said elsewhere, only the WT can make people leave.

• tiki
    tiki

Wow.....just wow. Just list any day of celebration of anything and it's banned...oh no....not banned...you can do whatever you want BUT......the real jw's of course would never ever join in such low disgusting practices.

Self righteous ones. Synynym for "ones" ....use your imagination...

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Sect.

Dutch JW's celebrate Kingsday.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit